Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Dunes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-dunes-t297370.html)

hav4boys 06-22-2018 09:26 PM

Very nice SBG. I love seeing what everyone is making.

Darcyshannon 06-23-2018 12:12 AM

It is so fun to see all the blocks that have been done already. Incredible and fun.

I am itching to start but until my company leaves...so probably Monday. I want to do at least one block.

FYI. Although I will be doing a split complementary for pieced blocks that aren't necessarily Halloween in print of violet, orange and green which Terri's block uses all three and more. So cute. You can chose to use just one color contrast meaning you don't have to use all three and I like varieties of all those colors in the Halloween tones. You can also choose to just do one with w/b prints and no color. Other colors are perfect in piecing something you like with a Halloween theme incl browns, yellow, a bit of solid black etc. It is just if you don't want to do anything Halloween you can use those colors. I hope I am making sense. I just had a party for my guests and am winding down.

Darcyshannon 06-23-2018 12:15 AM

SBG I love how you fussy cut the sauna (Ha ha, autocorrect) Santa in the picture.

Pretty blue to contrast with focus fabric. So crisp.

Darcyshannon 06-23-2018 12:16 AM

Kass, do you mean one of those corner mirrors?

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8080546)
I've had my mirror and cut outs out playing w/ Pamela's fabric. Haven't made any cuts yet, but know what I want to do just not sure if I will be able to

Janice McC 06-23-2018 05:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Terrific blocks, one and all. Mona G, like the vibrant colors!

Originally Posted by Mona G (Post 8080484)
First block done!!!! I used this pattern several times in my first couple of booms, then I lost the directions but took the time to find it today since it is one of my favorites.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596323[/ATTACH]

Cheesehead, hope you like it.

Granny's Choice

Stafar, that’s a fun block. Nice first Boom block. :)

Originally Posted by Stafar (Post 8080506)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596293[/ATTACH]ok did my first block for hav4boys-I got it off center by about an 1/8th inch. Hope it is okay. Also think this picture is less than 200kb, it seemed to be.

Like how you centered that Santa, SBG.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8080629)
Here are two blocks:

For Klaws: "Boy's Nonsense"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596313[/ATTACH]

For QuilterMomma: "Northwind"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596315[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 06-23-2018 05:48 AM

Yes, I do a lot of fussy cutting the mirrors make seeing potential patterns so much easier. I made my set when I started working on a La Pass quilt.

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon (Post 8080649)
Kass, do you mean one of those corner mirrors?

terriamn 06-23-2018 06:21 AM

Stafar very fun block

sewbiz very pretty blocks

Mona love the bright colors in your block

joanelizbay 06-23-2018 07:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Got to work on three blocks today. PamelaOry, DHenson and JayneW. Hope to get to some more today or tomorrow. Great job so far boomers!

D.Henson 06-23-2018 08:01 AM

Great blocks everyone! SBG, you didn’t waste any time getting your first two done. :) Love them both. Especially the one for QM. I’ll have to try that Northwind block pattern.

I’m in Santa Barbara this weekend for a wedding and love the area and weather, however, I’m anxious to get home to my f8s. :D

terriamn 06-23-2018 08:55 AM

Joanliz 3 great blocks to start out the boom with