Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Dunes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-dunes-t297370.html)

sewbizgirl 08-07-2018 11:08 AM

Jayne, your dance card has really been full! Floating on the river sounds wonderful. Be sure to pack your bubblewrap suit! Are you not teaching this year? Our schools started back this week.

QuilterMomma, great plan to escape the tension in the house by running away to a quilt event! You're so smart.

Terri, Rio looks just like a sweet doggie we had named Penny. A cruel neighbor poisoned her and another dog we had about 4 years ago. There's an extra hot section in hell for people like that. Rio looks like a good float buddy.

terriamn 08-07-2018 12:34 PM

Jayne have fun and beware of the rapids.

Rio loves to go with us on the pontoon other then that she really doesn’t like water. Doesn’t even like to get her paws wet. First dog we have owned that didn’t Love the the water.

JayneW 08-07-2018 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8107516)
Jayne, your dance card has really been full! Floating on the river sounds wonderful. Be sure to pack your bubblewrap suit! Are you not teaching this year? Our schools started back this week.

We do not start back until the 23! Couple more weeks to play!! The bubble rap suit might interfere with paddling, but it is a good thought!

Kassaundra 08-08-2018 04:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
You guys are probably getting tired of these updates, I promise I will get back to Boom blocks soon. I got the shield rosette finished and attached, so the next rosette to get attached will be my Doctor Who, finally!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599161[/ATTACH]

Here is was before I added it last night

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599162[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 08-08-2018 05:39 AM

I'm not a bit tired of them. I enjoy seeing the piecing and quilting others do.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8107871)
You guys are probably getting tired of these updates, I promise I will get back to Boom blocks soon. I got the shield rosette finished and attached, so the next rosette to get attached will be my Doctor Who, finally!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599161[/ATTACH]

Here is was before I added it last night

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599162[/ATTACH]

Cheesehead 08-08-2018 06:11 AM

Kass, I never tire of seeing your projects! This is one spectacular quilt you are making, please continue to show updates on your progress!

sewbizgirl 08-08-2018 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8107871)
You guys are probably getting tired of these updates, I promise I will get back to Boom blocks soon.

Not tired, either! It's just so amazing. I love how the black diamonds are the 'constant' element, throughout, and tie everything together. You are a master at this.

D.Henson 08-08-2018 07:21 AM

Kass, I love seeing what's under your needle!! Amazing !

terriamn 08-08-2018 11:25 AM

Same here, never tired of seeing your amazing work. It is totally spectacular

bibliostone 08-08-2018 12:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Miss a few days and all kinds of news gets posted! Happy to read all the good news that people posted. Here are two more blocks. Only 8 more to make.

A 2nd block for PamelaOry (she was my repeat fabric):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599182[/ATTACH]

And the other is for Billi:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599183[/ATTACH]

I have two more weeks before our road trip starts. First we will head up to Detroit and go to a ball game with my daughter. Then we will head down to TN and visit my sister near Nashville. After that we will take a week to get out to Arizona and then spend a week visiting with family. My aunt is in her mid-nineties and both my husband and I have cousins out there. Next we will head to Texas and spend a week at a resort before heading home just in time to attend the Ohio State football game where my daughter will play in the alumni band. The oldest alumnus coming back to march this year is 100 years old and even though he does not play sousaphone, he will get to dot the I. Very inspirational!