Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-early-birds-2-month-group-t305868.html)

sewbizgirl 09-03-2019 05:13 PM

GramE, that block for QB is so pretty! I like it a lot!

GramE 09-03-2019 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8297355)
GramE, that block for QB is so pretty! I like it a lot!

Thank you Sewbizgirl. The challenge was the busy fabric was overpowering the eagle. But then getting enough focus fabric in to make it a focus fabric. A focus fabric but not totally the focal point. I think I found a balance by enlarging the eagle’s space in the block.

sewbizgirl 09-03-2019 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 8297356)
Thank you Sewbizgirl. The challenge was the busy fabric was overpowering the eagle. But then getting enough focus fabric in to make it a focus fabric. A focus fabric but not totally the focal point. I think I found a balance by enlarging the eagle’s space in the block.

Framing the eagle was a great solution.

terriamn 09-03-2019 06:55 PM

GramE, great block for QB

Janice McC 09-04-2019 02:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
GramE, this is for you.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617021[/ATTACH]
I hope that’s enough blue. I shot this pic without the 1/4 seam allowance so you can see the truer heart shapes. The shot with the 1/4 all the way around looked odd.

Queenbarbiej 09-04-2019 03:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
GramE my block looks wonderful. Thank you so much. When I paired the two fabrics I didn't think of the flowers over powering the eagle. Thanks for your magic skills. Here is a bonus block for GramE.

Janice McC 09-04-2019 04:16 AM

Reminder that some photos on the gallery are duplicating improperly. I've had to repeatedly go in and delete them and re-add. Sometimes it takes, sometimes it doesn't.

I haven't wanted to make much of this but I now need to let you know that I'm having some serious health problems. I will attempt to keep up with the pix as much as possible but I cannot guarantee I will be able to do so. Please keep on working as always and help each other as much as possible.

For this group, I've made all my blocks except those for Hav4boys. Hav, I'm terribly sorry, but at this point, I will be unable to sew your blocks. I barely completed the one for GramE this morning and it took me a couple of weeks. I will email you privately about this as well. I'm deeply sorry and I will return your F8s to you with the completed blocks.

Thanks everyone.

Queenbarbiej 09-04-2019 04:24 AM

Janice get better. If you need help let me know.

Mousie 09-04-2019 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej (Post 8293180)
Janice its perfect. Here is Hav's last block. [ATTACH=CONFIG]616558[/ATTACH]

(lurking :D)...I came across this block and nearly squealed!
I've never seen anything like it. It's fabulous, :thumbup: mousie

Janice McC 09-04-2019 04:38 AM

Just one more thing. I want each and every one of you to know that this Boom will be completed and everyone will get their blocks back. I may have to look for help but nobody will be short-changed.