Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-night-owls-3-month-group-t305869.html)

SuziSew 08-07-2019 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8285929)
I have been making ties for many years now and I have adjusted the way I make them. When I first started I disassembled a bought tie and imitated how they did it, that was obnoxious and overly complicated. Over the years I have adjusted my way of doing it, making it easier, the way I do it now is very easy. I make the point like a dresden blade point. I made my pattern from freezer paper so I can press it onto the fabric for easier cutting of slippery fabric.

Thanks for the great tips! I'll make sure to post if I manage to make one :)

Libster 08-07-2019 11:13 AM

Got my tracking number today too. Seeing all these pretty blocks being made, I'm beginning to get a little excited now. When I start stalking my mail lady, she knows what I'm waiting for! She drives up, blowing the horn. She quilts too.

vikkim 08-07-2019 03:14 PM

Thank you Janice! I received the tracking number and am excited to see all the fabrics and get started!
Vikki

Kassaundra 08-07-2019 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I tweeked my method for making bow ties a little. It has more hand sewing but finishes up better. This is a bit boring for what I usually make, but it has a nice rich luster.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615798[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 08-07-2019 04:27 PM

Cool bow tie! Must be a real trick to tie them just right.

I'm drawing out patterns for blocks I want to make... a dragonfly, a crab, and several big stars. I don't know if these will "fit" the fabrics I get, but I'm ready if they do!

PamelaOry 08-07-2019 05:40 PM

I just wanted to add a thought with my fabric: it’s been mentioned that we should make sure that the fabric sent is predominant and the focus of the block. In the case of my fabric however, that isn’t necessarily an absolute. I sent out a background fabric this time and am 100% ok, with it not being the focus of your block.

sewbizgirl 08-07-2019 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pamela, I'm thinking what Janice meant was don't just use a little piece of the person's focus fabric....

It was fun to look through our Boom 20 blocks, when we were Hummingbirds and Quails. It hit me a little sad tho, to realize Joan was still with us then. What a shock her death was!

Here's a scrappy 'coins' lap quilt I just finished quilting tonight. I'm trying to get these knocked out before the Boom fabrics arrive.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615808[/ATTACH]

terriamn 08-07-2019 08:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Kass cool bow tie, does your hubby where them also.

Sewbiz I finished quilting this charity quilt. Not as fancy of quilting as your great coin quilt. What a way to use up scraps.

Sorry picture isn’t very good. Mr. Sun would not cooperate with me

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615809[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]615810[/ATTACH]

Libster 08-08-2019 02:38 AM

What a bright quilt! Well done. Your quilting looks great to me. And, at least you've got sun to contend with. I just hope you're not as hot as we are here. We're having heat lightning and thunder without the rain at night now. Muggy doesn't even begin to explain it.

Lstew2212 08-08-2019 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8286351)
Kass cool bow tie, does your hubby where them also.

Sewbiz I finished quilting this charity quilt. Not as fancy of quilting as your great coin quilt. What a way to use up scraps.

Sorry picture isn’t very good. Mr. Sun would not cooperate with me

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615809[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]615810[/ATTACH]

This is a great quilt, simple. I was currently looking for a pattern for a baby blanket that I could do quickly for a boy baby shower. I have lots of different little boy themed fabric. Hope you don't mind if I borrow your pattern.