Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-25-flurries-3-month-group-t312388.html)

jaba 09-22-2020 07:47 AM

Nice blocks Janice! I love those simple ones too, seems to showcase the original fabrics so well. They really aren't that simple either, if those seams aren't matched I think they show up worse than a complicated block.
Going to physical therapy today to see if they can figure out why my leg keeps going numb. At least the x-rays showed no broken bones or cracks. Haven't been able to go to the basement for 2 weeks, a little leery that I might fall again and I don't need that for sure. Hubby may be bringing a sewing machine upstairs for me to get started, thank heaven he can match fabrics well:)

Janice McC 09-22-2020 09:28 AM

Jaba, I hope you get some answers soon. It's so frustrating when you know something isn't right and cannot get an explanation. And I'm with you on a single level house. We've got a two story on a basement and my sewing room is in the basement. It seems some days I go up and down dozens of times and my old knees are definitely starting to rebel against it. I'd like to move to a ranch! One day, maybe.

Terriamn and Jaba, yes, classic blocks are some of my favorites!

hav4boys 09-22-2020 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My sister is on the Sheriff search and rescue and spent the weekend at the Berry Creek fire. She sent me this picture. Fire is so horrible.

Bugaroo 09-22-2020 02:32 PM

Jaba, hope they can figure you out and work towards a quick recovery. I had a similar occurrence in my left leg. It would be weak or go numb. When walking, I would frequently trip as I thought I lifted it high enough to clear the curb, rock, etc. but of course I did not and I would trip. Mine turned out to be #4 lower lumbar hurniated disk.

Janice, my package came today. You are a fantastic packer!!! Can't believe you made it in one envelope! Thanks. I just sat down from going to doctors today. Haven't had a chance to look through it. I am saving that for my chill time right before bed.

sewbizgirl 09-22-2020 03:01 PM

Oh, that burned up sewing machine is so sad.... Hope everyone got out of that house in plenty of time to be safe.

MadeBySue 09-22-2020 05:51 PM

Janice, your blocks are lovely! The card trick block is one of my favorites.

Janice McC 09-23-2020 06:14 AM

A number of packages are out for delivery today. Woo hoo!

Janice McC 09-23-2020 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here’s a block for Terriamn. The blue is exactly the same as your sample but I cannot remember where I got it. Lol. Hope you like it.

Libster 09-23-2020 11:15 AM

My F8s are here and all 19 accounted for. I'm so ready to play.

Cheesehead 09-23-2020 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My package arrived today and I have all of the 19 F8ths. It's so much fun looking at all of the different fabrics, love them all! Now I need to get on my thinking cap and decide on blocks for all of you.

Neighbors helping neighbors, that's what we have been busy doing. DH helping with tarps on many of the roofs that had so much damage. This is a picture of our neighbors house across the street that had collapsed ceilings in more than one room. Took a few guys to get this tarp in place! On the road in front of the house is some of the debris from trees damaged in the storm, we all have piles just like this. Just waiting for FEMA to pick it all up.