Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-26-sign-ups-now-open-thru-4-30-21%2A%2A%2A-t315102.html)

sewbizgirl 11-20-2021 02:59 PM

Thanks, Ibex! I liked the way the blocks looked sewn directly to each other, so no QAYG this time. I just tried to vary the value and colors between adjacent blocks. Just finished up the quilting last night.

marcialee 11-21-2021 02:18 AM

just checking in for new boom dates...I am in no hurry but don't want to miss out... made 2 throws with my last boom as they were the christmas blocks and sold one to go into a company auction and the other is a gift. So much fun and now to figure out what I want to do for the next one. I love the holiday blocks so probably will pick either halloween or christmas again. Hope everyone has wonderful Holidays and we will see you all in the next year...

terriamn 11-21-2021 07:01 AM

Sewbiz love your finished quilt, It will be great in your new house

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Janice McC 11-22-2021 06:18 PM

Nice to hear from so many of you in the last few days. Sewbiz, it's a lovely quilt. Congrats.

So...Boom dates,,,

I'm anticipating Dec 26 as the date signups open and they will close about Jan 9.. F8s will be due about Jan 27 so that gives a month for sign-us and fabric prep. The two month group (if we have enough people) will return blocks to me about March 24 and the 3 month group will do the same about 4/28. Now these dates are tentative, very tentative. We have several important events I cannot miss early next year so there will be a little need for flexibility. I will have firmer dates in a few weeks.

Hope many of you can join us for Boom 27. Can you believe it's 27???

Oh, and one of the important events is the birth of our second grandchild. Yeah! I don't think I shared that info last Boom as it was a bit early in our DDIL's pregnancy. We are all so very happy.

Anyone needing to reach me, please use the PM system here. I've not settled on a new email for the Boom since the move and the old one is shut down.

Have a terrific Thanksgiving with your friends and family!

travelinggramma 11-22-2021 08:25 PM

Janice, congrats on grandbaby...aren't they the best ever!!
I am in for #27. I will have fabric ready to go and packed in motorhome. DD and family will be here next week for 10 days and we will celebrate Thanksgiving, Hannukah and Christmas during that time. Then pack up and leave on 15th for Tucson and warmer temps.

terriamn 11-23-2021 04:11 AM

Yahoo how exciting Janice. Grandkids are the best.

I will be joining in boom 27. We should be leaving for Texas about that time but will watch for the signups

ibex94 11-23-2021 05:19 AM

Janice, Congratulations on the new grandbaby!! Have you been busy making new quilts to welcome the new addition? You sound extremely busy! New home, new grandbaby, lots of excitement!

klaws 11-23-2021 10:39 AM

Congratulations on the new grandbaby! That's exciting news.
As always, I will be joining in Boom 27. Now to figure out what to send.
I will be spending Thanksgiving with my brother and his family. My contribution will be an apple pie so I have to get started on it.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone and have a wonderful day!

terriamn 11-25-2021 08:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Thanksgiving to all

Janice McC 11-25-2021 11:19 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, Boomers! Hope you all are having a lovely day however you best want to spend it. Hugs.