Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-26-sign-ups-now-open-thru-4-30-21%2A%2A%2A-t315102.html)

ibex94 05-08-2021 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8482438)
I have, in the past, made a "map" of the blocks in my quilt, with each blockmaker's name. This I sewed onto the back.

GREAT idea!

Janice McC 05-09-2021 04:07 AM

Good morning! Love seeing the chatter here. Feel free to give a little bio of yourself and your quilting if you’d like. It helps everyone to get to know one another a bit better.

Three more packages arrived yesterday. I haven’t yet opened any but I hope to later today.

I’m sitting outside with my cup of coffee. It’s a cool but sunny morning. I’m watching the bluebirds come to the feeders. Momma BB has been sitting on her nest but she came out for a snack. And there’s a hawk looking to make a meal of some critter but it’s not going to be one of “my” birds or chipmunks if I can help it.

Hope all our Zinnia moms have a wonderful Mother’s Day! Hugs to all.

klaws 05-09-2021 06:08 AM

Happy Mother's Day everyone! Have a wonderful day!

mjpEncinitas 05-09-2021 07:11 AM

I have made a label on the back with everyone’s name on a ‘ map’ too. I love your idea Ibex.

im in Nebraska with my daughter and her family. The twins are up to 3 lbs and are doing well. The NICU they are in is amazing. They have their own room and they share a nurse with one other baby. DH and I are mostly acting as support staff. Cleaning, laundering occasionally cooking. The family has been inundated with freezer food.

my bonus granddaughter and I are quilting together and I’m leaving a sewing machine here. My bonus grandson and I are going to make an elaborate applique cat next week.

enjoy your Mother’s Day!

barbarakibler23 05-09-2021 09:18 AM

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms here. I hope you all have a wonderful day with family.
Barb

juliasb 05-09-2021 09:38 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms, grandmas, great grandmas and great great grandmas! May you all be surrounded in love.
Today I am taking it easy and laying in bed for the most part. With my back out it is limiting what I can do and it is only short times at the computer. So for now this is my computer time. Looking so forward to being a part of this swap!

sewbizgirl 05-09-2021 03:36 PM

I will wish you all a happy Mother's Day too, although the day is nearly over. Hope everyone heard from their kids/grands.

kristijoy 05-09-2021 07:20 PM

Happy Mother's Day everyone! We had a fairly low-key day. Enjoyed family game time in the afternoon, a nice walk, and dinner. I worked on getting my basket top put together this evening. I'm getting close to 1/2 way!

bibliostone 05-09-2021 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8482438)
I have, in the past, made a "map" of the blocks in my quilt, with each blockmaker's name. This I sewed onto the back.

When we used to send the blocks directly to each participant, I used to include a "map" that included where each block was made. I found it interesting to find that information, especially when we had some international swappers.

Janice McC 05-10-2021 03:13 AM

Reminder that all F8 are due a week from today. Please be sure to ship so they arrive by the 17th. Thank you!