Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-26-sign-ups-now-open-thru-4-30-21%2A%2A%2A-t315102.html)

sewbizgirl 05-22-2021 03:54 PM

That looks great, Kristi! Your diamonds are so perfect. Love that Fisher-Price fabric.

kristijoy 05-22-2021 05:58 PM

Newbie question - What should I do with the leftover fabric bits? Do ya'll want them back or should I add these lovelies to my scrap bin?

kristijoy 05-22-2021 07:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two more! Both for JayneW

Jayne...your boating adventure sounds fantastic. I grew up in the Seattle area and while I haven't spent much time on a boat myself, I have friends and extended family members that have lived on boats for extended lengths of time. My husband and I have an RV. There is just something freeing about 'going light' and simple!

Note: the color balance on the camera on my tablet is a bit quirky so the pictures may seem a little on the bright side!

hav4boys 05-22-2021 07:45 PM

Great blocks KristiJoy

sewbizgirl 05-22-2021 09:03 PM

Kristijoy, I'm laughing at your fussy cut "go green, go white" pieces! Wow, you're good!

For leftover fabrics, the person who made the block generally gets to keep the scraps... unless the sender has a special request to have it sent back. I think I only saw one of those in this group (the Kaffe fabric), so keep an enjoy your leftovers.

Once in a while someone will screw up their block, and then post an emergency request to see if anyone has some of the fabric they need to make another one. It's nice when someone does!

klaws 05-23-2021 05:48 AM

I received my package yesterday. All 19 were there. I have to work on my great niece's quilt before I can start on the boom blocks. I cut out 168 blocks yesterday. I'm making a simple 5 1/2" block patchwork quilt. It shouldn't take too long to sew the top together.

All of the blocks posted so far have been wonderful! I love seeing what everyone does with the fabric they receive.

ibex94 05-23-2021 05:50 AM

I love the blocks that I am seeing! The Spartan block is agonizing for me but the two that have been shown are gorgeous! I'm not as fearful of that fabric now.

Kristijoy, Everyone usually will say if they want fabric back or not. Generally, if nothing was specified and I think I will never use the leftovers and there is a decent size left of the F8, I return what didn't get used. I think that the only person requesting fabric back if leftovers weren't going to added to stashes was the MJPEncinitas team's Kaffee Fassett fabric.

In my case, I thought I had plenty of the president's fabric and it wasn't until I cut it into F8 that I realized I didn't have the extra yard of my imagination. I think I bought this fabric to be a quilt backer and it was an end of bolt deal.

I did not ask for the fabric back but if anyone doesn't want to keep those leftover portraits, I won't mind getting them back. Extra portraits aren't critical in my mind's eye, so if you like the leftovers, keep them! Any presidents without full portraits in the blocks will have portraits be printed and added to the quilt as the quilt evolves. I think the borders will have big empty squares set on points so that as we get new presidents, I can add them to the quilt with the squares on point framing the new leaders of our nation. I am ready for a female to be added to that quilt!.

JayneW 05-23-2021 06:00 AM

Good morning Zinnias! WOW, I do believe Sparty himself would be a bit teary eyed seeing the blocks from Hav4 and Kristi! They are amazing, thank you. Sorry it’s a stumper fabric - I’m just helping keep you all on your A game 😁

I got my box yesterday! I’m glad I have a few days to admire and plan!!

MJP, we will snorkel, kayak, paddle board and fish but no scuba. Maybe someday but I’m a bit of a chicken so it’s never been on my list.

hav4boys 05-23-2021 06:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A block for Ibex94.

hav4boys 05-23-2021 07:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one for Bibliostone.