Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-26-sign-ups-now-open-thru-4-30-21%2A%2A%2A-t315102.html)

sewbizgirl 07-22-2021 11:45 AM

Love your blocks, B'stone! That spinning star is awesome.

Well, I am beck in Memphis looking for a house again. I found the cutest little 50's bungalow with just the right amount of renovation. Love it and I'm going to give a bid on it. Fingers crossed, as this will be the third house on the street that I have bid on and I lost out on the other two. Both bathrooms have their original tile, and one has yellow and blue tile and a blue art deco style sink! It's amazing. It also has a huge attic the full length of the house, with a full staircase behind a door to get up to it. No "pull down" stairs! The kitchen is in a little nook, as opposed to the long walk-through kitchens that most houses have now. And it has an extra bedroom to use for sewing, with two windows of natural light. I hope I am able to buy it!

Janice McC 07-22-2021 01:34 PM

SBG, Good luck with the bidding! It sounds charming, a perfect Granny home. :)

ahwu 07-22-2021 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SBQ, The house sounds so cute. I used to live in a house like that in St. Louis.
Bibliostone, love the blocks.
I have been busy at my so-called part time job, but managed to make one block and have one more left.

sewbizgirl 07-23-2021 06:22 AM

Wow, amazing block AHWU. Well done!

terriamn 07-23-2021 05:21 PM

Sewbiz hope your bid wins, sounds like a real winner.

Anwu very fun block

bibliostone 07-24-2021 05:05 AM

Ahwu, I love that Christmas block. Ooh, I get really annoyed with autocorrect sometimes. It tried to insist that Ahru should be either Andy or anti!

klaws 07-24-2021 05:53 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Sewbiz, I hope your bid is accepted. The house sounds like something I would love also.
Janice, it looks like you have a little more time before moving. I went through moving long distance 3 years ago. It's not fun!
I love all the blocks that have been posted so far.
Here are 4 more of mine. They are for AHWU, JayneW, Juliasb and Stcpawz.

Nelco 07-24-2021 09:39 AM

Yea, I will get the last 6 blocks done next week. Past 2 weeks I have been busy at our local county fair (i am textiles coordinator)
Good luck on house buying and moving to all.

sewbizgirl 07-24-2021 06:26 PM

The realtor told us today that the housing market has slowed down. Some houses aren’t even getting viewed. So now is a better time to find a house, but who knows what will happen down the road.

I love seeing all the blocks coming in! Keep creating!

travelinggramma 07-25-2021 12:21 PM

Hello from SugarCreek Ohio - loving the blocks I see and surely missing being part of this. Have been visiting the multitude of quilt shops and picking up a few things. After a visit to Zincks' I placed a huge order to be shipped to AZ with every color of the ombre fabrics (24 of them!). Figured that should cover any color you;ll might want on the next boom
Janice - where oh where are you moving? And so glad to see your family is all together in helping you. How many life-changing events have we all been part of?
SBJ - a full attic - oh I recall those - along with a full basement. And I had them all full! prayers that this house is THE one.