Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 30 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-30-autumn-t321334.html)

Annaquilts 09-21-2023 08:51 AM

Lovely blocks Lstew.

terriamn 09-21-2023 09:42 AM

Lstew very fun blocks

Cheesehead great blocks love your color choices

Susie q more great blocks and I love mine, no problem that is similar to Janice’s. Great blocks for Cheesehead and TG

Janice I love your block for TG. I made a sports quilt for my grandson and was sure I had some baseball fabric but must have used it all. Your frog block is so cute

Reba fun waterwheels, lots of movement in the block

LogCabin your batik block for HAV has wonderfully bright colors love it

TG 3 more great blocks they are all so pretty

terriamn 09-21-2023 09:46 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Just back from my 2 days solo camping in a state forest. Wanted to share some of the beautiful colors of our early fall
first picture is my car decked out with hatch cover

Janice McC 09-21-2023 10:20 AM

Lovely scenic pix of the fall colors already! Hope your solo adventure was pleasant!

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8617928)
Just back from my 2 days solo camping in a state forest. Wanted to share some of the beautiful colors of our early fall

Janice McC 09-21-2023 10:22 AM

Wonderful blocks, TG. I've added them to the gallery. Sounds like you will be very busy the next few weeks. Hope you get some rest in that busy schedule!

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 8617922)
I just went through the gallery and there are great quilts coming together. I also realized I had missed posting a few.
Lstew - My colors really do match the dots!!
WMU - I had so many calicos but chose the redish and blue. Hope it goes with the other blocks being made.
Cheese head - what can I say - I saw this black and white kitty and she hoped on the block. Hope it makes you smile.

I won't be sewing for a few weeks. 10 days on Long Island, 5 days of doctors back in NH and then 5 days in MD. Then I will be able to focus on finishing! I am loving the process of each fabric and block.

SusieQOH 09-21-2023 12:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Terri, I love the pics! Fall is my favorite season.
Art Square is for Duckling and Four Patch Pinwheel is for Annaquilts. Hope you like them.

terriamn 09-21-2023 12:37 PM

Great blocks SuieQ. I hope to sew this evening

Janice I had a wonderful time but I have to admit sitting by the fire in the pitch dark was a little intimidating. Had some scenic hikes, read a couple of books and enjoyed natures beauty

Janice McC 09-21-2023 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Terri, DH goes motorcycle camping either by himself or with a small group. He really likes it. I prefer that he goes with a group but he’s completely comfortable both ways. I think I’d be a little nervous alone (black bears roaming around here) so I think I’ll only solo camp in my backyard. But come to think of it, we’ve had bears in the yard so maybe not! Roflol.

edited to add the photo below. That’s a black bear right outside our back door, just on the other side of that rickety fence. He had just destroyed the bird feeders. This is right after we moved to WNC.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8617945)
Great blocks SuieQ. I hope to sew this evening

Janice I had a wonderful time but I have to admit sitting by the fire in the pitch dark was a little intimidating. Had some scenic hikes, read a couple of books and enjoyed natures beauty

travelinggramma 09-21-2023 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8617928)

do you mention to the park ranger that you are a solo?
i wouldn’t be afraid of camping alone at this age, taking precautions of course. Camping with DH fir 20 years has taught me many things.
one day i may be camping along side you

terriamn 09-21-2023 04:42 PM

TG There was a woman host and she chatted and chatted and chatted with me both days I was there and invited me to her site to play games. We have a destination camper at a great campground near our home and we are always busy playing games, visiting and enjoying our friends. I Ned some quiet time to decompress and that’s where solo camping comes in. Hated disappointing the gal but I just enjoyed being there by myself

Janice I have only seen deer, chipmunks, turkeys and ducks. If I see something dangerous that will probably be the end of car camping. Hubby would prefer there were others with me.