Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 08-14-2023, 02:43 AM

Default Boom 30 - Autumn

Hello Boomers! Here’s our new thread for Autumn, Boom 30. Please start posting here. All rules in the signup
post apply. No need to repost your photos unless you wish to. I’ll grab them from the old thread for the gallery.

SusieQOH – 1 set
Cheesehead – 1 set
Sewbizgirl – 1 set
Hav4boys – 2 sets
Annaquilts – 2 sets
Terriamn – 1 set
Rebaquilts – 2 sets
Janice McC – 1 set
TravelingGramma - 1 set
All2pieces - 1 set
Duckling - 1 set
Lstew2212 - 1 set
Libster - 1 set
Logcabin82 - 1 set
WMUTeach - 1 set

ALL F8s due to me Saturday, August 26, 2023
I’ll ship F8s to you Monday, August 28, 2023

Autumn blocks due to me Tuesday, November 28 2023
I mail blocks Monday, December 4, 2023

Old 08-14-2023, 03:04 AM

Thanks Libster for the bag size info. Just what I needed. Today is the day to pack my little bags and then off to they will go.
Old 08-14-2023, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

Hmmm........ I'm not able to cut my fabric yet. Still can't stand for any length of time. Mine may get to you right under the wire or maybe I can get someone to help me.
Old 08-14-2023, 05:23 AM
Power Poster

WMU Teach- I love your fabrics! Are some Thimbleberries?
Old 08-14-2023, 05:35 AM

SusieQOH, Do you have any quilting friends who can lend you a hand? I know some people can cut sitting down but I find that challenging.
Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Hmmm........ I'm not able to cut my fabric yet. Still can't stand for any length of time. Mine may get to you right under the wire or maybe I can get someone to help me.
Old 08-14-2023, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
WMU Teach- I love your fabrics! Are some Thimbleberries?
Sadly no Thimbleberries in the bunch. A quilting friend of mine had to give up quilting because of some physical problems and she gave me a large amount of UFO's, projects in bags with book/pattern and fabric and among this was a beautifully packaged set of 12 Americana FQs from a shop in Charlevolix, Michigan. Most are Primitive Gatherings by Moda.

I have made several quilt in this color way in the past two years and have fare number of half-yard to two-yard cuts of left-overs I can use to finish off my new collection of blocks that will arrive before the Holidays.
Old 08-14-2023, 06:07 AM

Default Autumn

We had 4” of glorious rain last night and raining again now

I will be sending my package off when we return home this weekend

Hope those that need rain are also getting this great weather
Old 08-14-2023, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
SusieQOH, Do you have any quilting friends who can lend you a hand? I know some people can cut sitting down but I find that challenging.
Yes, I will have some help. I didn't plan on being this incapacitated but PT assures me I'm doing fine. I just need to be patient.
I'm having my other knee replaced in November. Yikes!!! But next year maybe I will be able to run around like my grandchildren!

y
Old 08-14-2023, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

Found our thread!

The Americanas look good, WMUT. Dont forget that we don't use baggies with the big "zippers" on them because they take up more room in the packaging. We use just the simple ziplocs that you close with your fingers.

Terri,no such luck here, on weather. It's still pretty crispy outside. Still praying for rain.

Yesterday was hubby's birthday so we went out to eat at Bonefish Grill and then to see the movie, Sound of Freedom, which was awesome. He got phone calls from his sibs and the kids and grandkids. A great day.

Looking forward to my package of F8s!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 08-14-2023, 08:09 AM

Since I haven't checked in lately, it took me awhile to catch up on all the posts in the last thread. I'm loving all the fabrics that were chosen. Love the bears and the frogs and the beautiful Baltimore quilt!
Sewbiz, so happy that your surgery will not be as bad as you thought. My prayers will continue to be sent to you!
The weather here in NE Ohio hasn't been as bad as most of the US. I just wonder what the winter will be like.
I still have blocks from previous booms that I haven't put together. I think my eyes might be able to handle some straight sewing. Let's hope! I'll let you know.
Welcome to WMUT. Everyone here is the best! Good luck to everyone in this boom! Hugs to all!