Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 01-30-2024, 03:19 AM

Sorry to have dumped this on the group. I cannot talk to anyone in person about this except for DH who is equally devastated. I can barely keep it together when I try. I’ll be better in a few days. I’m sooo glad the new Boom is coming up so I have other things to think about. And I’m also thinking about doing Kathryn Kerry’s 365 Challenge. That should keep me busy for a year! One block a day. Most blocks are 3 or 6 inches and they start off easy and get progressively harder with each passing day. Have you all seen it and has anyone done it?
Old 01-30-2024, 04:13 AM

Default Boom 31 Sign-ups are open!

I've gone ahead and opened sign-ups a day early. Please check it out here: https://www.quiltingboard.com/showth...14#post8634214

I hope you will join us for another successful Boom Friendship Swap!
Old 01-30-2024, 04:26 AM

Two of my quilting buddies did a 365 quilt challenge during one of the COVID years and although they liked the end result, it did get to be a struggle to keep up. They found that once you got behind because of a vacation, sickness, or other quilting projects that they wanted to do, the bigger "challenge" was to catch up. They finished of course because one pushed the other to keep going and the end results were beautiful. Neither have done the 365 a second time, but on the other hand, WHY?. They had met the challenge once and moved on to other quilts that pushed them in other ways.

Give it a try. The results will be stunning. And what a feeling of accomplishment in the end! WOW!
Old 01-30-2024, 09:44 AM

I've gone ahead and opened sign-ups a day early. Please check it out here: https://www.quiltingboard.com/showth...14#post8634214

I hope you will join us for another successful Boom Friendship Swap!
Old 01-30-2024, 09:53 AM

Libster love your fabric, I have thought of using that same fabric, all the colors are beautiful.

Janice sending big hugs. So sorry about your beloved pitti
Old 01-30-2024, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Sharing your heartbreak is not "dumping", Janice. This is the Boom FRIENDSHIP group, and we are here for you to share anything you need to. Please feel free to talk about your sweet doggie in any way you need. I think most of us have dogs and kittys we love dearly, so we understand a little of what you are going through. It's a helpless feeling.

My doggie is going on 13, and I am already medicating him for arthritis and nerve pain every day. As long as I don't lapse, he seems ok, but I'm already dreading the end. I always say, dogs just don't last long enough!

I looked at Kathryn Kerr's 365 challenge and signed up! I can't promise to be "regular", but I thought it might be fun to make at a slower pace. She said the challenge is open every year, so you can take years to make the big 90"x90" sampler of blocks.

Another nice block-along that recently started is Moda's Blockheads 5. Those patterns are given once a week (I think) and you can make them in 6" and also 12" sizes, so they can be used for our Boom blocks! They are only on week 4 there, so we aren't too far behind. That is on Facebook.

I'm so excited to start Boom 31 too!
Old 01-30-2024, 04:23 PM

SBG, I have been following the Block Head 5 series since early this fall. (You can go back and catch up with previous blocks and I think previous years.) I have too many projects bubbling away but I have been archiving the patterns for future use...... like Boom Blocks. Tee-Hee-Hee!

Old 01-31-2024, 05:47 AM

SBG, I have been following Moda Blockheads also and plan to use some of these blocks for our boom
Old 01-31-2024, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

I totally agree with SBG. This is a group of friends and talking about our beloved pets is certainly understandable and relatable. They are such an important part of our happiness.
The thing about pets is that they never really grow up the way our kids do. They don't go to college, get married, etc so they remain our babies for their lifetime. And I think that makes it hard to say goodbye. Just a thought from a life- long animal lover and owner.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:02 PM

SusieQOH, what an insightful way to think about our four legged family members. Thank you for your wisdom.