Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 01-26-2024, 04:27 PM

Terriamn, I didn't know what they were either. I had a short consultation with my friend Mr. Google and they sound yummy!
Old 01-26-2024, 04:45 PM

question all, sign ups will be until Feb. 10, when will fabric be due? I think I need to order some coordinating fabric from etsy for a panel I will be using as the center and I might also do 2. Carnitas....yummmm!
Old 01-27-2024, 06:31 AM

Fabrics should be in my hands by Feb 24. I'd think you should have time to place your order. If all fabrics come in early, I'll ship early.
Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
question all, sign ups will be until Feb. 10, when will fabric be due? I think I need to order some coordinating fabric from etsy for a panel I will be using as the center and I might also do 2. Carnitas....yummmm!
Old 01-27-2024, 07:15 AM

Janice. Have seen Carnitas on the menus here. Will definitely give them a try they sound delicious

A friend of my sister sent her this wallhanging top. She loved it but greatly disliked the colors and asked if I could do something with it. I added the border and quilted it and now sh loves it.

Hubby just retested and he is still positive but the good news is his symptoms didn’t get worse and I am still negative. He is like a caged bear.
Attached Thumbnails img_3349.jpeg  
Old 01-27-2024, 07:56 AM

Terriamn, I need a wall hanging like that. Had to do some ripping yesterday. Grrr. You did a wonderful job on it! Congrats! Here’s to Hoping you remain Covid-free and hubby tests negative very soon.
Old 01-27-2024, 08:55 AM
Power Poster

Cute wall hanging, Terri. Glad you are covid free! Can hubby not go out for a walk if he feels up to it? Hope he's over it soon.

I got my chameleon Boom quit all together. Did QAYG to use up a bunch of batting scraps. I'm doubting my choice of sashing color, tho. I'll show a picture once it's binded. I think this is one of the cutest quilts I've had from the boom swap. Love all of your blocks! Hubby liked this one, too.

I have two more Boom quilts sandwiched and ready to quilt. After those, I'll be caught up.
Old 01-27-2024, 09:13 AM

Look forward to seeing the chameleon quilt, SBG!

Been meaning to tell you but it’s been a difficult few weeks. Cyrano the cat died. I miss him terribly but it’s getting easier. Thank you all for you kind thoughts and words during the last Boom.

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-27-2024 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-27-2024, 09:37 AM

So sorry about Cyrano Janice, sending hugs

We are going on a walk in a bit, he will bring mask and we will avoid people. The sunshine alone should help him psychologically

Sewbiz can’t wait to see your quilts

Old 01-27-2024, 04:34 PM

Janice McC, Oh, I am so sorry. You give him so much to extent his time. I know that our little four footed family members can leave a hole in our heart. I know, I really do. As you said, time will heal. Remember all of the purrs, head butts and meows that Cyrano brought and how he made you smile, giggle and raise frustration level from time to time. Just a cat displaying his character and being a precious part of your life.
Old 01-27-2024, 06:47 PM
Power Poster

I am so sorry that you lost Cyrano, Janice. Seemed like he was near the end of his road, but your loving care bought him a bit more time. Big hugs to you and hubby!

Here is the chameleon quilt, from both ends. Also showed the ugly back where I used up smaller pieces to back each block. Not sure orange sashings really work, but it's a kid's quilt. Kids love bright. And orange.
Attached Thumbnails img_4085.jpg   img_4086.jpg   img_4088.jpg