Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 01-25-2024, 06:39 AM

Yea, Terri, I vote for the bunnies too. I'm trying to decide if I think I can handle 2 groups this time. I found some fabric that I just love after I already had my first choice ready to go.
My scan came out good, Y'all. I go back in 6 months for another one. I lost 80 lbs dealing with the cursed "C", but I've gained some of it back. All prayers and good thughts will be so appreciated.
Old 01-25-2024, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Trying to decide if I want to be in 1 or two groups and if I go with only one which of the fabrics to send
if you only do one, I vote for bunnies!!
Old 01-25-2024, 10:12 AM

Thanks ladies, bunnies it is.

Great news on the scan Libby. Sending prayers.

The sun is finally shining in South Texas
Old 01-25-2024, 11:22 AM

Libster, there’s a great reason for us to celebrate! Your scan was good!!! Woo hoo! As for two groups, you can definitely do it in our three month time frame but don’t pressure yourself if you think it’s too much. This is supposed to be fun.
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Yea, Terri, I vote for the bunnies too. I'm trying to decide if I think I can handle 2 groups this time. I found some fabric that I just love after I already had my first choice ready to go.
My scan came out good, Y'all. I go back in 6 months for another one. I lost 80 lbs dealing with the cursed "C", but I've gained some of it back. All prayers and good thughts will be so appreciated.
Old 01-25-2024, 11:27 AM

You already know there’s about three months to do the blocks, TG, but we’d like you to have fun with it and not stress. I hope you’ll opt in. You’ll have until February 10th to join but there’s always Boom 32 later this year if it doesn’t work for you.

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
So many fun fabrics. Oh how I wish I wasn’t on the road. Just don’t know if I can do it justice so might have to skip this one.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

Great news, Libster! Prayers for continuing strength and health! And all good scans in your future....

I had one set of fabrics all washed, dried, and pressed and cut into my F8s... and set them aside somewhere. Can't find them at present! It's tough to be losing your marbles!!
Old 01-25-2024, 12:50 PM

SBG, you were a busy gal yesterday to have gotten so much accomplished. As for the missing fabrics, do what I do. Tell your hubby they are missing and you’ve looked everywhere. They’re just gone. Invariably, my missing items turn up within minutes and my husband just shakes his head because he’s been through the search enough times.

We’re making carnitas tonight. Omgosh, how good the house smells! Cannot wait to taste the results of this new recipe.
Old 01-25-2024, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

Yummmm... love carnitas!
Old 01-26-2024, 06:25 AM

Janice what are carnita’s

Hubby has COVID and going stir crazy from our self isolation. Thankfully he doesn’t feel very bad, just cold like symtoms Funny how many places you think you should be going when you can’t.
Old 01-26-2024, 04:10 PM

Terriamn, best wishes for hubby’s swift recovery! I hope he gets nothing more than the cold symptoms. Almost everyone has relaxed where they go, us included. I went to a local coffeehouse Wednesday with a group of about 20 people. One woman was wearing a mask and I heard someone snicker but I wondered if she was the only smart one in our group.

Carnitas is a Mexican dish of braised pork. It’s super easy and is delicious. We braise the meat in the oven for 3 hours, shred it and then fill tortillas with the pork, chopped onions, guacamole, cilantro and sprinkle on fresh lime juice. Very tasty.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Janice what are carnita’s

Hubby has COVID and going stir crazy from our self isolation. Thankfully he doesn’t feel very bad, just cold like symtoms Funny how many places you think you should be going when you can’t.