Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 09-10-2023, 08:30 AM

Here's a Christmas Star for Rebaquilts. I hope you don't mind that I used the same pattern for all of the Christmas blocks. It just seemed to work well with everybody's fabrics. I hope it works for your quilt.
Attached Thumbnails 20230910_114112-2-.jpg  
Old 09-10-2023, 08:31 AM

Wow! I like your felted picture! Hope you’ll show us when you are done. It’s good to meet new people, especially when interests are similar. Also love your two new blocks. So cheery and fun.

[QUOTE=travelinggramma;8616402]
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Travelinggramma, how was the class? Did you find a new hobby?[/QUOTE

I enjoyed the felting class and and afternoon meeting new women in this small community. I still have so much to do before its complete but adding and subtracting and mixing the different colors is great fun.
Old 09-10-2023, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

Lovely blocks, travelinggramma. I can see the quilts coming together. Thank you.
Old 09-10-2023, 11:02 AM
Power Poster

Love all your Christmas stars, Libster! So festive. The anchor block is darling, too.

WMUT, great blocks! Thanks so much for mine.

Great critter blocks, TG. I still haven't resolved what to do for a dragon.... Your felted piece looks great!

Cheese, lovely blocks for Terri and Reba's quilts. Just love your 'She Who Sews' block!

It's nice to see Jaba remembered. We have lost so many longtime Boom friends, haven't we? I'm thinking also of SeeSawTooMuch, JoanLizBay, and Givio. Great Boom swappers, now gone. : (

Speaking of selvedges, I got some too. I don't know why they get overlooked, but they often do. And also, the FQs should be cut at 11x18, not 22 x 9. They are both technically "fat quarters", but only the 18x11 gives you the width to cut wider pieces. Just some housekeeping.... for next time.
Old 09-10-2023, 01:18 PM

Here is a dragon block for Anna. I thought these dragons were so fun and whimsical. Hope you and your grand daughter like it!

Last edited by LogCabin82; 09-10-2023 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-10-2023, 02:24 PM

Oh me oh my! I know Anna said and wrote dragon. My brain read dinosaur. I will be redoing her block to read dragon. Don’t post yet. Glad I caught this now!!
Old 09-10-2023, 03:45 PM

I wondered if it was just me seeing dinosaurs in your block, TG. Lol. I’m still on the search for dragon fabric.
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Oh me oh my! I know Anna said and wrote dragon. My brain read dinosaur. I will be redoing her block to read dragon. Don’t post yet. Glad I caught this now!!
Old 09-10-2023, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
This Grandmother's Favorite block is for Terri. This is a block that Jaba often used and it still reminds me so much of her.

love this block you made! The design is really cool and works great!

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
First entries! Sewbiz, Travelinggramma and lstew. Colors are not exactly accurate but.... they are done and ready to share.
Nice blocks WMU! I really like Sewbiz block design. Is there a name for that block?
Old 09-10-2023, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I love that block, Janice. Love Aunt Dinah. It looks so crisp and beautiful... Perfect! Thank you.

The frog's name is Hugo and his pattern is on Etsy. There are a T shirt and pants, raincoat and hat and rain boots too, if I want to crochet clothes for a toy for the rest of the year (not). I've made my grandkids tons of animals! My favorite crochet patterns are from books by Yan Schenkel called "Friends of Pica Pau" and "Friends of Pica Pau 2". Her patterns are super well-written and fully illustrated.
Glad you Boomers like Hugo. Hugo is the design work of Marina Chuchkalova. She's a great designer, too.
I love the Pica Pau books, almost all my babies come from there! Do you have a favorite? Here’s a few other books I like…

Old 09-10-2023, 05:49 PM

I sewed from 9am to 7:30 PM. Hopefully my back won’t be screeching at me tomorrow. Will take pictures in the morning when the sun is shining

TG your felting is so interesting and cool.

Log Cabin great dragon block.

Hope everyone had a good weekend