Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 09-16-2023, 11:11 AM

Oh my gosh SBG, that quilt block is amazing, thank you! I have always wanted a set of the angle play rulers, they make such cool, original blocks.

Crying "uncle" down here in the south, the heat and humidity is relentless. Dreaming of cooler days to come.

Cheese
Old 09-16-2023, 11:34 AM

SBG, great block! You do make really interesting ones with those templates.

Cheese, the weather will have to break eventually. I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later.

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-16-2023 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-16-2023, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

Still hot here in Mississippi, too. But it's 85ish hot, not 95ish hot. Fall is right around the corner! Sorry it's so hot in Alabama, Cheese. Go swimming!
Old 09-16-2023, 11:58 AM
Power Poster

Sewbiz- what a cool block! I never heard of those templates. Beautiful!
Old 09-16-2023, 02:19 PM

I’ve got two blocks to post, seconds as it turns out. The first is Reba’s, a soft Christmas block. I struggled with what to use with it and eventually matched the beige. I hope it will work. The other is a batik block for Hav4boys. Unfortunately it’s a bad picture and the dark blue appears almost black. I hope these will work for you.

Attached Thumbnails img_4389.jpeg   img_4425.jpeg  
Old 09-16-2023, 03:40 PM

Such a wide assortment of blocks! Love the new designs - angles and all!
I had so much fun today - and Jack got a workout too!
Terriamn -I loved the fabric - and had to do the small dresdens - along with a modern background. And then I saw the pattern of the flower - and just had to make it. Hope they are bright and what you were looking for.
Attached Thumbnails terrimm.jpg   terriamn.jpg  
Old 09-16-2023, 04:00 PM

Particularly love the Dresden block for Terriamn, TG. Sorry to hear you and Jack spent time together.
Originally Posted by travelinggramma
Such a wide assortment of blocks! Love the new designs - angles and all!
I had so much fun today - and Jack got a workout too!
Terriamn -I loved the fabric - and had to do the small dresdens - along with a modern background. And then I saw the pattern of the flower - and just had to make it. Hope they are bright and what you were looking for.
Old 09-16-2023, 04:46 PM

Sewbiz love Cheeseheads block. I purchased the angle play rulers nut never quite “Got” how to use them

Janice your block for Reba is so soft and delicate looking and The batik is so rich looking

TG love everything about my blocks and the colors are perfect.

Weather here is just plain goofy, overcast and cool this morning while the guys were in the lake taking out docks this morning, the no breeze and sunny while we all had a potluck. Now it’s downright chilly. Will be heading to the bonfire shortly.

A friend just stopped by dropping off some crown royal bags. They entertain a lot and have been saving their bags for me. This grouping was orange and brown bags. Will still take quite a while to get enough of them to make a quilt
Old 09-16-2023, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
Sewbiz love Cheeseheads block. I purchased the angle play rulers nut never quite “Got” how to use them

Janice your block for Reba is so soft and delicate looking and The batik is so rich looking

TG love everything about my blocks and the colors are perfect.

Weather here is just plain goofy, overcast and cool this morning while the guys were in the lake taking out docks this morning, the no breeze and sunny while we all had a potluck. Now it’s downright chilly. Will be heading to the bonfire shortly.

A friend just stopped by dropping off some crown royal bags. They entertain a lot and have been saving their bags for me. This grouping was orange and brown bags. Will still take quite a while to get enough of them to make a quilt
glad you like them!
in upper NH today was very windy due to backlash of Hurricane Lee. It’s been a very wet summer so was very glad we did not get any more rain. Grands in MA had so much flooding last week they closed schools. And VT still reeling with flooding aftermath.
You know it is a wet year when zucchini doesn’t grow.

Old 09-16-2023, 07:12 PM
Power Poster

We used to have several ladies that used Angle Play templates. Jaba was one. I think Hav has a set, too. I usually forget about them when making boom blocks! They are fun.