Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 08-14-2023, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

WMUTeach, Americana Patriotic is my favorite style. Once I am done with working on the quilts for my grandchildren, I would like to do another one through the BOOM swap. I made 2 large quilts with patriotic blocks from various swaps on the board. Hopefully I post them later.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:36 AM

You’re finding us. Yay! Looks like a couple of packages are already on their way. Woo hoo! The Americana theme is a fun one! I think I have some fabrics that will work with your f8,WMUTeach. 😀

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-14-2023 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:44 AM

Hi Klaws! I Look forward to seeing what you come up with for your blocks. Please post them so we can ooh and ahh over them.
Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Since I haven't checked in lately, it took me awhile to catch up on all the posts in the last thread. I'm loving all the fabrics that were chosen. Love the bears and the frogs and the beautiful Baltimore quilt!
Sewbiz, so happy that your surgery will not be as bad as you thought. My prayers will continue to be sent to you!
The weather here in NE Ohio hasn't been as bad as most of the US. I just wonder what the winter will be like.
I still have blocks from previous booms that I haven't put together. I think my eyes might be able to handle some straight sewing. Let's hope! I'll let you know.
Welcome to WMUT. Everyone here is the best! Good luck to everyone in this boom! Hugs to all!
Old 08-14-2023, 12:24 PM

My F8s are on the way to Janice. Email with tracking number sent.
Old 08-14-2023, 04:23 PM

Default Gallery

Tonight's work is on the Gallery. By tomorrow the Fabric section for Boom 30 should be online. You can find the Gallery address in my signature. Talk to you tomorrow!
Old 08-15-2023, 02:14 PM

How’s everyone coming along on their F8s? Any pics to show us? (It’s quiet today!) Maybe it’s the calm before the shipping storm. I love when packages start rolling in! I’ve reveived one already and at least one more should arrive tomorrow.

A question has twice come up about shipping. Yes, my shipping rate “should be” $8.80. USPS has lowered their charge for using their new shipping page. It’s not without its problems but I do hope I get the hang of it to save you all a few bucks.

Have a good evening!
Old 08-15-2023, 04:11 PM

I went to the post office today and discovered that they could not print a label for $8.80. So back home and will try again tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2023, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I went to the post office today and discovered that they could not print a label for $8.80. So back home and will try again tomorrow.
WMU, you only need to send a plain, non-monetary label with your return address. Enclose the $8.80 in cash, in an envelope hidden in your gallon bag with your F8s. Janice buys the postage when she's ready to mail.
Easy peasey...
Old 08-16-2023, 03:08 AM

Thank you, SBG, for the clarification. Anyone going to the post office will pay more than what I will be paying to return your F8s to you. Just send me $8.80 and make sure I’ve got your correct address. I’ll take care of the labels. If you want to get the lower price yourself, go to USPS.com, register with them and find Click and Ship. You’ll get the lower price but you’ll need to have the ability to print your labels yourself. May just be easier to pay the extra money. Your choice!

im off for my walk. Finally a cool morning but it won’t last.
Old 08-16-2023, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
WMU, you only need to send a plain, non-monetary label with your return address. Enclose the $8.80 in cash, in an envelope hidden in your gallon bag with your F8s. Janice buys the postage when she's ready to mail.
Easy peasey...
That is what I figured out that had to be done. The PO window clerk gave me several long and complicated ways to send the needed $8.80 as well as an option to send stamps that was specifically mentioned as a "no-no" for the swap. Thanks for the confirmation of the best process, Sewbizgirl. Learning curve....getting shorter.