Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 08-24-2023, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Hooray, Abby!! What a great testimony. I believe she will finish and get her degree!

My surgery is tomorrow, after noon some time. I'm waiting for them to call me and tell me when to be there. Not scared. I know it will all be alright. God has me in the palm of His hand.... So today I need to give hubby a haircut (!) and do whatever I won't be able to do for a while afterwards. Prayers are welcome!
Okay, remember that we are doing this together. My doctor says that they are pretty sure they got all of the cancer. Pet scan scheduled for January. I am thinking positive results for you too. We don't have time for cancer, too many quilt blocks to plan and make. Big hugs and many, many prayers.
Old 08-24-2023, 02:20 PM

Had a wonderful day today with our youngest GD. She’s just so darn easy (most of the time) that it makes it hard to say goodbye. Happily, the family is coming over this weekend to swim. And I’m sure a cookout will happen, too. Looks like I’ll get a chance to fly out to KS in October to see my other son, his DGF, and my two grandpups.

All the F8s I’ve received so far are sorted out. The final packages are due on Saturday so we should be good for a Monday mailing. All the fabrics are beautiful so I think you’ll all be pleased. The temptation to play with them is strong! Lol.

Libster, let’s put it out in the universe that the news will be positive when you have your PET scan in January! Same for Sewbizgirl. Only positive thoughts and prayers for a very successful surgery tomorrow.

I’ve been meaning to post this pic for weeks. It’s a baby hummingbird that we think had just lost his nest in a storm. He still comes to the feeder regularly. He was upright, seemingly asleep on the feeder when another hummingbird actually tipped him over and attempted to feed him. Wonder if that was mom. Anyway, missed that shot but got one upside down! Enjoy for a laugh!
Attached Thumbnails img_4251.jpeg  
Old 08-24-2023, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
Sewbiz, we will definitely pray for you tomorrow. Hugs, definitely.

I got my boom package in the mail and it should arrive just in the nick of time. I decided to go with Sewbiz's suggestion and used my F8ths from the She Who Sews collection. I bought the charm pack and the layer cake as well, so I have additional fabrics should anyone run short. I added a charm so everyone will have a zip lock with all of the colors from the collection, either in the main F8 or in the charm. The theme is She Who Sews, consistent with the collection name so anything sew-ey goes, or anything you want to use. For the Christmas fabric, I did the same, it is a Riley Blake collection, I added a swatch of fabric so everyone will have a piece with all of the colors from the Warm Wishes collection by Simple Simon for Riley Blake and everyone should have a different fabric from the collection as there were 21 FQs in the bundle. Happy sewing everyone!
Love the fabric She Who Sews!
Oh my with all your plate (your brother and his move, death of your friend, et al) I hope you find doing this boom swap will be a respite physically and emotionally. Have a blessed day.
Old 08-24-2023, 03:28 PM

Sewbiz will be praying for you and sending positive thoughts your way. Libby you will also be in my prayers

Janice what a great shot. Do you have trouble with wasps trying to chase away the hummers this time of year?

Old 08-24-2023, 04:34 PM

Sewbiz, you, your family and your medical team are in my prayers tonight and for the next few days in particular. Nothing like trusting our heavenly father to bring peace and healing. Keep in touch as you lose the mental cobwebs of anesthesia. We will be waiting to hear from you when you are ready to converse. ((Hugs))
Old 08-24-2023, 06:02 PM

((((((((group hug))))))))
Old 08-24-2023, 09:53 PM
Power Poster

Y'all are the BEST. Thank you for each and every prayer.

Janice, was the bird asleep? LOL, what a clown. That is a great photograph!

Libster, believing with you for a good report showing NO cancer left in your body. None! Zip, zero, nada.... You are right. No time for cancer. Too many quilts need to be made.

Goodnight my friends!
Old 08-25-2023, 05:53 AM

Thinking good thoughts today for SBG.

Old 08-25-2023, 06:29 AM

Am having a little trouble with duplication of photos in the gallery. I'm aware of the problem and am trying to fix it. Weird!
Old 08-25-2023, 06:31 AM

Sewbiz thinking of you