Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 08-25-2023, 10:49 AM

Actually, I learned it’s called torpor. Hummingbirds can enter a period of inactivity and sometimes hang upside down. It’s not really sleep. It’s bizarre to see. Lol.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post

Janice, was the bird asleep? LOL, what a clown. That is a great photograph!
Old 08-25-2023, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Hooray, Abby!! What a great testimony. I believe she will finish and get her degree!

My surgery is tomorrow, after noon some time. I'm waiting for them to call me and tell me when to be there. Not scared. I know it will all be alright. God has me in the palm of His hand.... So today I need to give hubby a haircut (!) and do whatever I won't be able to do for a while afterwards. Prayers are welcome!
I hope your surgery went well and you recover quickly!!

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Terriamn, We take tomato slices, put a slice of fresh mozzarella and a basil leaf or two on top. DH likes it with a drizzle of EVOO and a good balsamic vinegar. I leave off the EVOO. Maybe a light dash of salt. Absolutely delicious. Yum!

Sorry, no cuke recipes beyond what you’ve mentioned.
This makes me want to go to the store to get those little mozzarella balls and make some yummy tomato slices!

We had a terrible storm last night with 80mph winds. I was up in my sewing room and for a minute when I heard the winds I thought it was a tornado. Everyone in our area has lost power. Luckily my parents had a house generator installed so it is much less stressful when the power goes off (and I can still sew). Apparently it’s supposed to be restored tonight around 9:45pm, but the neighbors across the street took their camper up north and they don’t know the power has been off for more than 24hours. They may have to empty their refrigerator because it’s pretty hot here. We have no wifi but luckily my phone does hot spots.
Old 08-25-2023, 01:31 PM
Power Poster

So sorry to hear logcabin82. We just dogged most of Hurricane Hilary. Just a generator is nice even if it is only for the frig and freezer. 80MPH is scary and would cause a good amount of damage. Hugs
Old 08-25-2023, 03:19 PM

Wow Logcabin! That is way too unexpected a thing to happen. Our tropical storm Harold didn't even get winds that strong down here. You really did get slammed!

I think I will buy stock in generators for all the reasons you just pointed out... Everyone is getting one because they cannot count on the electric companies anymore. I wonder when natural gas and propane will become unreliable.... In the meantime, I better get a treadle machine up and running while I am with my dad here in Texas. He does not have a generator....
Old 08-25-2023, 04:08 PM

[QUOTE=LogCabin82;8614205 We had a terrible storm last night with 80mph winds. I was up in my sewing room and for a minute when I heard the winds I thought it was a tornado. Everyone in our area has lost power. [/QUOTE]

Oh, my goodness LC. I heard a little wind and had a bit of rain here in my corner of the mitten, but when I checked the radar, the largest part of the storm had already jumped over me and was on its way toward Detroit. My son is in Lansing and he is busy posting on FB so I am assuming that he is not in the dark. My DIL works from home and I trust she was able to continue as usual or was traveling to where ever her company sends her. I hope by the time you read this you are back with lights, fridge humming along, and WiFi in perfect running order. At least it was not as hot today as it was on Wednesday and yesterday.

Continued prayers for our Sewbizgirl.
Old 08-26-2023, 04:56 AM
Power Poster

SBG- glad yesterday is behind you. Prayers and hugs continue................

Old 08-26-2023, 07:02 AM

Sounds scary LogCabin, hope power has been restored by now
Old 08-26-2023, 07:08 AM

LogCabin82, please check your pm’s as soon as possible and reply. Thank you!
Old 08-26-2023, 07:15 AM

Last one is due in this afternoon. Woo hoo! Almost there!

SusieQOH – 1 set - received
Cheesehead – 1 set - received
Sewbizgirl – 1 set - received

Hav4boys – 2 sets - received
Annaquilts – 2 sets - received
Terriamn – 1 set - received
Rebaquilts – 2 sets
Janice McC – 1 set - received
TravelingGramma - 1 set - received
All2pieces - 1 set - received
Duckling - 1 set - received
Lstew2212 - 1 set - received
Libster - 1 set - received
Logcabin82 - 1 set - received
WMUTeach - 1 set - received

Regarding shipping, please do not require a signature for delivery. If you do that, packages may be delayed in delivery as these days we’re coming and going a lot. And please send only cash or a preprinted label or envelop for return shipping. No checks. Sending me checks will delay your packages until I receive your money. Thank you!
Old 08-26-2023, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
LogCabin82, please check your pm’s as soon as possible and reply. Thank you!
I got it! Thanks.