Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 08-27-2023, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts
Hi all. It has been a tough 2 weeks. My friend in Australia passed away so there are arrangements to make which has been a little overwhelming. My stepmother is declining health wise, so we had to make arrangements on Monday (all day). and she signed over guardianship of her son, by stepbrother, to me. Meanwhile, my developmentally disabled stepbrother was moved back into his apartment after they refurbished the 50+ year old building, with zero help from his "team." I walked into 50 boxes and plastic wrapped furniture in the wrong places, just unloaded by movers and left, and they dropped him off. My envelopes will be priority mailed and arrive in time. Promise and hugs all! Can't wait for this boomerang.
Wow Reba, you have had a lot on your plate this week. Love and prayers to you.
Old 08-27-2023, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
TG love your quilt especially the sashing. I am always in to big of a hurry to just finish the top so my sashing are very simple

Reba, sending big hugs. So sorry about your friend, stepmother and step brother. You are carrying a heavy load.

Duckling great way to honor your sister and will be thinking of her as I make your block.

Today I drove into Minneapolis with my oldest dd who is here for a reprieve from the Texas scorching heat. The sun just plain was brutal, felt like I was being baked even with my air on. My middle granddaughter will be leaving for college next month and we brought her a dorm size frig one of my friends had and didn’t use. Abby is a miracle child for some of the old timers here they know her story. It’s long but she has a neurological disease and at months we were told she would never walk, talk or live an average life. And now she has graduated high school and is off to college. She might not be able to finish college but just to be where she is in life is such a blessing.
Terri, love to hear the success story of your granddaughter, never underestimate the power of family and DR's. I'm sure that is where her miracle came from.
Old 08-27-2023, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Had a wonderful day today with our youngest GD. She’s just so darn easy (most of the time) that it makes it hard to say goodbye. Happily, the family is coming over this weekend to swim. And I’m sure a cookout will happen, too. Looks like I’ll get a chance to fly out to KS in October to see my other son, his DGF, and my two grandpups.

All the F8s I’ve received so far are sorted out. The final packages are due on Saturday so we should be good for a Monday mailing. All the fabrics are beautiful so I think you’ll all be pleased. The temptation to play with them is strong! Lol.

Libster, let’s put it out in the universe that the news will be positive when you have your PET scan in January! Same for Sewbizgirl. Only positive thoughts and prayers for a very successful surgery tomorrow.

I’ve been meaning to post this pic for weeks. It’s a baby hummingbird that we think had just lost his nest in a storm. He still comes to the feeder regularly. He was upright, seemingly asleep on the feeder when another hummingbird actually tipped him over and attempted to feed him. Wonder if that was mom. Anyway, missed that shot but got one upside down! Enjoy for a laugh!
oh my gosh, that hummingbird is too funny.
Old 08-27-2023, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Thank you for your prayers, everyone! We are home and I'm doing well! Got some great pain meds so the pain is totally controllable. My daughter sent me "care" package with a wearable mastectomy pillow that feels great, silk pajamas, a large lavender Igloo to-go cup with flexible straw, a seat belt pillow, big bag of protein trail mix and a big bottle of Gold Bond anti-itch lotion (need that year round)! So WOW! I came home to Christmas! The wonderful thing is... my breasts just look like I've had a breast reduction. I like them! The one thing still up in the air is the pathology report on the Sentinel Node he took out from under my arm. Need prayers still that that sucker is totally without cancer.

I can move pretty good and will definitely be sewing again soon. Can't wait to see the F8s.

Again, thank you all for the great support and prayers! What a wonderful group of ladies (and sometimes one man) you are!!

Log Cabin, I believe 80 mph wind IS a hurricane. The winds that drove the fires in Hawaii were 80mph. Glad you and your property survived it. The weather is just going nuts this year!
Sewbizgirl, glad to hear you are doing well. I prayed for miracle hands on the Dr's. and for you to come out on the other side doing good. Continued prayers for good pathology reports.
Old 08-27-2023, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

Amen... thank you, thank you, thank you everyone! Today was not a good day. Lots of pain.. But still hanging in here. Better days ahead. Hope the wayward package shows up tomorrow!
Old 08-27-2023, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Amen... thank you, thank you, thank you everyone! Today was not a good day. Lots of pain.. But still hanging in here. Better days ahead. Hope the wayward package shows up tomorrow!
Don't wait until you're hurting to take your pain meds. Take the meds before the pain gets away from you. Best advise ever from my oncologist. Third day should be your worst pain wise. Rest, hydrate and rest some more. You got this. Keeping you in my prayers. I got some fabrics washed, dried, folded and ready to play with. I already have several blocks planned.
Old 08-28-2023, 02:11 AM

SBG, I’m sorry you are in such pain. If you are taking your meds on schedule and your pain is still severe, do not hesitate to let the surgeon know. Ask for help and see what other options might be available to you. Now is not necessarily the time to tough it out. Gentle hugs…

Old 08-28-2023, 03:35 AM

Yes, yes, yes to all of the suggestions above. Today may be full of hurting but in a day, a week, a month it will all be memory and you will have the opportunity to support and encourage someone else who will be walking a similar journey. Still praying and will continue. I recall some one sent you a special pillow. I had one and it made a real difference. I am now part of a sewing group that makes them and donates them to the Women's Center at my local hospital. Such a small thing but it takes away the pressure and supports your body while you heal. Dream of new blocks for quilts. They might be very interesting if you are under the influence of medication! Tee-Hee-Hee. Rest my stitching friend.
Old 08-28-2023, 07:06 AM

Dang Sewbiz, was hoping your meds would ward off the pain. Sending gentle hugs and prayers
Old 08-28-2023, 07:31 AM

Good morning, Autumn! Your gallery is up and the two blocks already made are posted there. The address is always in my signature so just click on it and then bookmark it. If you spot any mistakes, don't ever hesitate to let me know. I'll be a bit swamped with all the pix once you start posting blocks that mistakes can, and do!, happen. It helps me when you let me know.

UPS says Reba's package will be delivered by 7 pm. I hope it's earlier as I won't be here tonight to finish the packages and rework the labels. I hope I don't have to push the shipment to Wednesday. Fingers remain crossed.

Have a lovely week!