Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 08-26-2023, 11:13 AM

SBG - still in my prayers - and please rest. It is so difficult for us to be the patient - but you need to be.
I went ahead and tried out a new pattern and made a block for my quilt!

I miss my books that are back in AZ. I have one that has all the different sewing items using paper piecing. As well as other books I "just know" I could use!! Will check out the lending library here.
Rain off and on today. Took morning off and DH and I went to some yard sales (nothing we needed) and craft fair (ordered some mugs with my son's town on it for Christmas) and chatted with friends that were selling there. A nice lunch out and then grocery store. Ahh. Now to catch up with internet.
Attached Thumbnails tg-tg.jpg  
Old 08-26-2023, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for your prayers, everyone! We are home and I'm doing well! Got some great pain meds so the pain is totally controllable. My daughter sent me "care" package with a wearable mastectomy pillow that feels great, silk pajamas, a large lavender Igloo to-go cup with flexible straw, a seat belt pillow, big bag of protein trail mix and a big bottle of Gold Bond anti-itch lotion (need that year round)! So WOW! I came home to Christmas! The wonderful thing is... my breasts just look like I've had a breast reduction. I like them! The one thing still up in the air is the pathology report on the Sentinel Node he took out from under my arm. Need prayers still that that sucker is totally without cancer.

I can move pretty good and will definitely be sewing again soon. Can't wait to see the F8s.

Again, thank you all for the great support and prayers! What a wonderful group of ladies (and sometimes one man) you are!!

Log Cabin, I believe 80 mph wind IS a hurricane. The winds that drove the fires in Hawaii were 80mph. Glad you and your property survived it. The weather is just going nuts this year!
Old 08-26-2023, 12:24 PM

Thank you for the good news, Sewbizgirl! Removal of only one node is a good sign, too, that all is well. We will await the pathology report. What a wonderful care package from your daughter!
Old 08-26-2023, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

That's a beautiful block, TG! And you are right... it's hard to rest, especially when your pain meds make you feel so good, LOL!
Old 08-26-2023, 03:11 PM

Excellent news, SBG! Excellent. 😀. Enjoy your pain meds and keep ahead of the pain. (I had some fine meds when I had rotator cuff surgery. They were a blessing.). Please keep us apprised of how your recovery is coming along.

TG, lovely block! The gallery for blocks will be up in a few days.

So apparently we’ve got a glitch with the final block package. It was scheduled to arrive today. Hopefully it will come in tomorrow or Monday.

Have a great rest of your weekend.

Old 08-27-2023, 04:08 AM

SBG, he heard our prayers and watched over you. So happy that you are back home and doing well. Gentle hugs ((( ))).

TG, love your block, it's going to be fun fabrci to play with.

Cheese
Old 08-27-2023, 05:46 AM

TG love your block

Sewbiz glad you are home and not in pain! What a thoughtful daughter to send you such a lovely gift

Yesterday at the campground we had a progressive appetizer and a 4 oz cocktail walk. It was a very interesting experience, the most fun was meeting some of the newer campers. One of my friends froze smaller pieces of watermelon and drizzled white chocolate over it. Sounds weird but it was so yummy and I think the grandkids would love it. Least favorite was a tropical cocktail where they added chopped jalapeños, flavor was interesting but I didn’t realize their was actual jalapeños in the drink till I bit into one and thought I burned my lips, throat and mouth. A very nasty surprise, I am a total whimp when it comes to hot food. With my very temperamental tummy I could only take a sip or two and the same on the appetizers. But it sure was a different experience
Old 08-27-2023, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

SBG, So good to hear from you!!! You've been in my prayers and will remain so.Take good care of yourself. The care package sounds delightful. What a sweet daughter! Gentle hugs to you.
Old 08-27-2023, 12:26 PM

Just a quick heads up that the earliest I can now get the packages in the mail is Tuesday, and that’s assuming UPS drops off the last one tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed it shows up soon.

We’re headed out to a local Tex Mex place for dinner. Enjoy your evening!
Old 08-27-2023, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
I can now start this boom!! I have made myself complete the boom quilts before the next one. This is from last fall and I ran out of sashing material. Finally found it last week so got her done.
I am now printing off patterns and ideas for your wonderful fabric.
Travelinggramma, that is a stunning quilt. simply beautiful.