Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 08-17-2023, 02:51 AM

Good morning, Autumn. It almost feels like Autumn here.

Today we’re babysitting the grands. I wonder what they have in store for us. Lol.

For those of you who haven’t shipped yet, please make sure you put your name on each small baggie so it’s plainly visible. Thanks.

Old 08-17-2023, 11:40 AM

Here’s the status of received F8s. Good start and more are on the way!

SusieQOH – 1 set
Cheesehead – 1 set - received
Sewbizgirl – 1 set - received

Hav4boys – 2 sets
Annaquilts – 2 sets
Terriamn – 1 set
Rebaquilts – 2 sets
Janice McC – 1 set - received
TravelingGramma - 1 set
All2pieces - 1 set
Duckling - 1 set
Lstew2212 - 1 set
Libster - 1 set received
Logcabin82 - 1 set
WMUTeach - 1 set

Old 08-17-2023, 12:50 PM

I was influenced by the beautiful Christmas quilts of Sewbiz and LStew to make one for this boom swap. I've already named it "Candy Cane" so 12 squares will be that one and the other one of 8 blocks is a Norman Rockwell print. Loved the idea of vintage and this is his "Chain of Gossip" picture. When I first saw it I laughed so hard and thought of the days when I played Telephone at slumber parties!
Old 08-17-2023, 12:54 PM

I got these prints cut out while I was doing a Sew Day at Seven Sisters Quilt shop in Carson City, MI. Logcabin82 mentioned we go and we had fun working on quilting and sewing projects!
Attached Thumbnails duckling-candy-cane.jpg   duckling-chain-gossip-norman-rockwell.jpg  
Old 08-17-2023, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

I have to think about what to do with the cute gossip one. I am sure something will pop in my mind. Very cute fabrics.
Old 08-17-2023, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
How’s everyone coming along on their F8s? Any pics to show us? (It’s quiet today!) Maybe it’s the calm before the shipping storm. I love when packages start rolling in! I’ve reveived one already and at least one more should arrive tomorrow.

A question has twice come up about shipping. Yes, my shipping rate “should be” $8.80. USPS has lowered their charge for using their new shipping page. It’s not without its problems but I do hope I get the hang of it to save you all a few bucks.

Have a good evening!
Mine F8's are packaged and since I missed the mail today, they're going out tomorrow!
Old 08-17-2023, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Here are my fabrics. I loved the batik blocks last BOOM and wanted to do the same.
Here are the directions for my fabrics:

Batik: Thank you for making a block for me. I loved LogCabin82’s batik blocks from last BOOM so I decided to do the same. I have 2 pieces of batik in my baggies. Please use both fabrics in your block and any other batik you like. All I ask is please only use batiks.

Purple Swirls:
Thank you for making a block for me. WIth this fabric, please use white or white-on-white. You may choose the turquoise, green, or blue with the white. Please do not use a strong print. I want the fabric to be the pop in this quilt.

Old 08-17-2023, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Duckling View Post
I got these prints cut out while I was doing a Sew Day at Seven Sisters Quilt shop in Carson City, MI. Logcabin82 mentioned we go and we had fun working on quilting and sewing projects!
I can only hope I get the gossip... oh how fun.
Old 08-17-2023, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

I’m sure everyone will want the gossip fabric! It’s amazing. Candy canes are cute too, for a Christmas quilt. Good choices, Duck!

Hav, I’ve got plenty of batiks to play along with yours!
Old 08-17-2023, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Duckling View Post
Oh, goodness Duckling! Another Michigander and I used to go to church camp every summer in Carson City. What a small world. A big hello from Portage and Western Michigan University!

I have been cutting Christmas fabrics this evening to another project using 2.5" squares. What fun it will be to use some of my over flowing Christmas stash on someone else's quilt. Yea!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 08-17-2023 at 05:47 PM.