Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-3-0-closed-signups-swappers-pls-read-pg-155-a-t57109.html)

jetnica 08-03-2010 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
LOLOL I love you all!! Us oldies move a little slower sometimes but we do love those squishies :-)

First I will say if you do not want the oranges Jupiter I would be more than happy to take them off of your hands and send you some blue green stuff :-)

Second I love your fabric choice kwilt-that will be a stunning top for sure.

I have not even decided what I am going to use this round yet!

MJ-thank you for the tip-I love you lady! How are you feeling??

Hoppy I think you are correct..only quilters see what we are doing as normal lol Everyone else thinks we are crazy for that exact reason!

I am waiting on one last confirmation and as soon as I have that the list will go out and we can begin :-)

Hugs
April

What did the doctor say? Everything good in your world?

LovingIzabella 08-03-2010 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by jetnica

What did the doctor say? Everything good in your world?

Hi Ms Purple Turtle :-)

I spoke with the doctor today and I have to go for a pressure test. If the levels are extremely elevated then surgery will be sooner than I had hoped. If they are gradually increasing and are not over the top yet I can probably wait until October to have the surgery done.

I may not swap this round anyway as I have two ladies eager to join but no more space.

Thank you for asking-I meant to post it earlier lol

Hugs
April

LovingIzabella 08-03-2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by letsquilt
I need to ask a silly question, How many yards of fabric do we need? Can we choose to do only a 2 color quilt?

I always get at least 6 just to be on the safe side if you plan on having no sashing or borders. Otherwise I get 8-10.
If you do want to send out say a white and ask for only blues that is fine-just be aware that all the blues will not be the same so you could range drastically in the blue family.

Hope this helps.
HUgs
April

brenda 5 08-03-2010 05:30 PM

I have a tip for wendsy I use paint sample cards from the paint store when i don't want to take fabric. Maybe you could find paint sample cards and cut them up in pieces and send them with your fabric so the other person has an idea of what colors are in the other fabrics.

Jupiter my daughter & granddaughter would love you orange is their favorite color. I have lots of orange and you would be surprised what other colors looks good with it.

Kwilt, I have the same fabric I just made a quilt out of. I also have it with a deep red background

kwiltkrazy 08-03-2010 05:33 PM

Again, thanks for the safety pin tip, I used it and couldn't believe how well it worked. It only took me a few minutes to unwind the material, and there is 10yrds there, and the ironing was easy, hardly wrinkled. Whoda thunk!

moonrise 08-03-2010 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My fabric is ordered and should be here tomorrow, according to the UPS tracking number.

Thanks for the tip on washing it! That'll make things a lot easier, I'm sure. My shoulders bother me sometimes, and trying to handle or fold a (seemingly) 20-mile long piece of fabric doesn't agree with them. :shock: I'm sure the pins will help a lot. :thumbup:

Here's the fabric I chose. It's glittery. :mrgreen: I got a small piece in a remnant pack from fabric.com and just "had" to order more. I think they did that on purpose! :lol:

I'm off to feed my birdies and then go work on my current WIP. :)

oatw13 08-03-2010 06:07 PM

Looks like we are almost ready to go!

Am I the only one who can't decide what to send this time?!

:)

leakus 08-03-2010 06:10 PM

That's it!!! The solution for less ironing. Instead of buying FQ and 1/2 yards we have to buy yards and yards and use the safety pins!! I bet our DH's will be very very happy!

From a newbie to a oldie: Did somebody say that we have to use a zip log bag inside the mailing envelope to protect the F8?
leakus

QuiltingTurtle 08-03-2010 06:13 PM

I am so excited!!

Just to let everyone know. I leave in the morning for vacation. So my fabric won't be going out before the 17th at the earliest.

But the good news is. Our trip takes me right through Lancaster County PA.....so I might even find a better fabric. I can't wait to receive and see all the lovely fabrics everyone picks.

leakus 08-03-2010 06:15 PM

Do we show the fabrics here before shipping it? or is it a surprise?
I am already thinking the coordinating fabrics for that colorful fabric with black background somebody posted.
leakus