Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-3-0-closed-signups-swappers-pls-read-pg-155-a-t57109.html)

reneebobby 08-03-2010 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
ReneeBobby,
when I order fabric I want it NOW! Like on my doorstep immediately! I don't understand the 1 or 2 day shipping thing-that should be the slow/cheap options, when I pay priority I expect to hit the ''send" button and then go to the front door! LOL!

Can you say I'm in love Purple? I order fabric yesterday and it shipped yesterday and it's here TODAY!!!!!!! Okay 8 yards of fabric to wash, dry and do the IRONING. Can you tell I hate IRONING. But I'm in love with thousands of bolts (which by the way ladies) I took the cheapest shipping. hehehhe

purplemem 08-03-2010 10:49 AM

Tip for washing 8 yards of fabric:
Safety pin the selvedges together to make a tube, put in washer that way and dry that way also, make sure thoroughly dry, then unfold to iron. Much less wrinkles!

OdessaQuilts 08-03-2010 11:17 AM

Safety pin the selvedges together to make a tube, put in washer that way and dry that way also, make sure thoroughly dry, then unfold to iron. Much less wrinkles!

MJ, why didn't you give ME that tip when I was washing 10 yards LAST TIME????? :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Now I've got 14.5 yards to wash, but it's in 6 or 7 different pieces, not one really long piece.

[walks away, shaking head, muttering to self, "and to think I gave her my best purple pom pons"...............]

:wink:

[boy, ya think ya know some people ...........]

:wink:

oy, what to do, what to do, what to do .........

CraftsByRobin 08-03-2010 11:30 AM

Great tip ... I wish I had known it as well ;)

shaysmema 08-03-2010 11:33 AM

You ladies are too funny. Wish I had the safty pen hint few days ago when I was washing my fabric. Oh well, next time. Mine is all ready to go washed, dried, ironed, cut and in baggies with name labels. All I need are names and addresses then to the post office I go.

kwiltkrazy 08-03-2010 11:44 AM

Thanks for the great tip. How close together do you pin them?

Jupiter 08-03-2010 11:51 AM

I was going to use up some of my stash. Use some of my not so favorite ones just to get them gone. Then had second thoughts. They won't be gone forever, and will eventually be a quilt in my house. I want something that really appeals to me. So shopping I went, fabric I bought (very special, I think).

I determined that the stuff in my stash isn't bad, it just is too much oranges for me. I am a blue-green lover. So the oranges are going into the give away pile. I bought some cute orange and green and brown, trees with monkeys, that will finish out the oranges into pillow cases for the kids at the homeless center.

I see I am rattling here, sorry. Can't wait to get cutting!

purplemem 08-03-2010 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy

Thanks for the great tip. How close together do you pin them?

4-6 inches

kwiltkrazy 08-03-2010 12:08 PM

Great, thanks a million

reneebobby 08-03-2010 12:23 PM

hahaha now you tell me to late in the washer. I guess I'll struggle. hahaha I think my mom ruined me with the ironing, when I was a kid.