Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-3-0-closed-signups-swappers-pls-read-pg-155-a-t57109.html)

Ok Darla 09-04-2010 07:30 AM

Moonrise, your block is on its way to you.

bibliostone 09-04-2010 08:15 AM

I just returned from the post office so hoppyfrog, montanablu, NorBanaquilts, quiltergirl80, ReneeBobby, and Wendsy should receive little bundles of joy next week.

ksea 09-04-2010 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just got an awesome grown up block and a very nice note from Wendsy. Thank you so much for the beautiful block and the kind words about the block I made for you. I love the block and it looks excellent with the other ones that I have received. As soon as my DD returns my camera I will take a pic of them altogether and post it but for right now I have to use my phone so here is a small pic of my grown up block from Wednsy.

OdessaQuilts 09-04-2010 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by ksea
I received nursebonnie's magnolia F8 today, it is beautiful and jumped right in the basket and got to chatting with the others. They are all being really good, after watching Odessa's squishie go to time out twice yesterday, the rest of the squishies are being especially good. I sent out grown up blocks to barbsbus, goldendog55, leakus, quiltergirl80, wendsy, and norbanaquilts. Odessa I kept yours cause I think I am going to take one more swing at getting it perfect. like you said maybe after a day or so and just one step at a time it will come together just right. (one point is just a wee bit off). I am going to very carefully take it all apart and iron it and starch it and start over and just go one careful seam at a time. We will see how it goes. I have done so much more than I thought I was capable of just since I started this swap. I am proud of the progress that I have made since this swap started. I can't wait for boomerang 4.0 and 5.0 and 6.0 think how good I could possible be by then.

ksea, I'm finally back online after a marathon week of baking, so have not gone past this post (and I've got a couple pages to catch up on yet.). Just wanted to tell you that if you end up having problems with tearing out seams and end up with damaged fabric or not enough, just let me know. I've got plenty of fabric left and can provide you with another piece. Don't want this to be a stressful swap at all.

Odessa

kwiltkrazy 09-04-2010 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just received a boomerang from Jupiter, it's beautiful, along with two little blocks, one is a signature, and the other is a 1/4 square. hank you Jupiter, I do love it so the matching pink is beautiful with it. I will incorporate the little blocks into my quilt.

Jupiter's blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]110767[/ATTACH]

fryguymoore 09-04-2010 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise

Originally Posted by MegsAnn
I got a squishie today. Hand dyed fabrics, embroidery, circles... everybody say it with me... "WOW JUPITER!"

Wowweeee! I love that! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wow!

dettonlisas 09-04-2010 03:38 PM

You guys are all doing a great job!

ksea 09-04-2010 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts

Originally Posted by ksea
I received nursebonnie's magnolia F8 today, it is beautiful and jumped right in the basket and got to chatting with the others. They are all being really good, after watching Odessa's squishie go to time out twice yesterday, the rest of the squishies are being especially good. I sent out grown up blocks to barbsbus, goldendog55, leakus, quiltergirl80, wendsy, and norbanaquilts. Odessa I kept yours cause I think I am going to take one more swing at getting it perfect. like you said maybe after a day or so and just one step at a time it will come together just right. (one point is just a wee bit off). I am going to very carefully take it all apart and iron it and starch it and start over and just go one careful seam at a time. We will see how it goes. I have done so much more than I thought I was capable of just since I started this swap. I am proud of the progress that I have made since this swap started. I can't wait for boomerang 4.0 and 5.0 and 6.0 think how good I could possible be by then.

ksea, I'm finally back online after a marathon week of baking, so have not gone past this post (and I've got a couple pages to catch up on yet.). Just wanted to tell you that if you end up having problems with tearing out seams and end up with damaged fabric or not enough, just let me know. I've got plenty of fabric left and can provide you with another piece. Don't want this to be a stressful swap at all.

Odessa

Thank you for that, I haven't started on it yet, but I will keep you posted if I need to just start over. I'm kind of stressed about it but mostly I'm my own worst critic and demand alot from myself, so we will see, I will let you know. Oh and I may be a little stressed but I am having a wonderful time with this swap, I love being in contact with you all and can see myself in swaps like this for a long time to come.

quiltergirl80 09-04-2010 07:25 PM

I've 2 more lovelies to add to the pile of chattering. My husband sent them to time out in the spare room. They were to noisy sitting in a basket on the dining room table, err...my sewing table, he couldn't hear the tv over them!

Brenda5 and Nurse Bonnie.

@Nurse Bonnie - your handwriting looks so much like my mom's that I had to look twice!

Jupiter 09-04-2010 07:36 PM

I also received my block from Cat 18. Thanks you, Its very nice. I'll put up photos in another day or two. I've been so busy making blocks that I hate to waste time messing around with the camera!

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
I also rec'd a grown up block today from Cat18. Great colors to go with the brights.