Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-5-0-north-group-t120542.html)

craft phanatic 05-06-2011 03:31 PM

Hello ladies! I received F8's from:
Janetlmt
JudyVA
Karenpatrick
MFQS
Paintmejudy

Roseysue 05-06-2011 04:07 PM

I received four F8's today:

JudyVA
moonrise
JaneCat
Selfhunter

Thank you, now i get to transform them into something you can be proud of

selfhunter 05-06-2011 04:10 PM

received 2 F8's today
Karenpatrick
Moonrise

also mailed block to paintmejudy. Hope you like it

karenpatrick 05-06-2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue

Originally Posted by karenpatrick

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
would anyone mind if I made a siggy block for everyone to sign, and mailed it to you, and asked for your signature on it?

I'd love to make a stripe on the back of my quilt with the names of everyone who contributed!

That's a great idea! I think I will try that too. If I have any fabric left, I will use some of that.

I think I can manage the time for that. I will try.

PaintMeJudy, do you want to be surprised and wait till your block arrives to see it? It will be mailed tomorrow (I want to show it to someone today before I send it.

OK with me, too. How do want it done? Just using permanent ink?

There are patterns in quilter's cache (free) and I amgoing to check some of my books.

They are easy. Just three strips - about six inches by 2 inches. The middle piece of fabric needs to be white so you can put your signature or any other info there.

The other fabric can be left over if you have it or anything else.

If you want to say a lot, then make the top and bottom strips white and the middle a color.

Does that make sense? It is really easy when you can visualize it.

Using permanent ink is essential and then iron it with a hop iron to set the ink.

I can manage that. Is that what you want all of us to do? Do you want us to use our own fabric? Should we use fabric that coordinates with your fabric?

pattis47 05-06-2011 04:59 PM

Batiks are a GREAT idea, I think

Originally Posted by kreinhart742
Wow I feel like I am such a slacker compared to you ladies. I will get my cut this weekend.

Can someone tell me if we can use Batiks or is that not a good idea.

pattis47 05-06-2011 05:07 PM

Go for it!

Originally Posted by Havplenty
i got a great batik in today that matches the michael miller fabric i will be sending out. will anyone mind if i send a piece of the batik along to possibly incorporate in your block?

i actually have two fabrics i want to do that way. the other is going to be a surprise quilt for my bestest friend and the accent fabric i want to send is what she used in her bedroom. let me know if you are comfortable with this idea before i mail out anything. i will most likely be mailing fabric by tuesday of next week. i will work on cutting this week.

Roseysue 05-06-2011 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
would anyone mind if I made a siggy block for everyone to sign, and mailed it to you, and asked for your signature on it?

I'd love to make a stripe on the back of my quilt with the names of everyone who contributed!

That's a great idea! I think I will try that too. If I have any fabric left, I will use some of that.

It should be optional. Nice to have coordinated fabric.
I think I can manage the time for that. I will try.

PaintMeJudy, do you want to be surprised and wait till your block arrives to see it? It will be mailed tomorrow (I want to show it to someone today before I send it.

OK with me, too. How do want it done? Just using permanent ink?

There are patterns in quilter's cache (free) and I amgoing to check some of my books.

They are easy. Just three strips - about six inches by 2 inches. The middle piece of fabric needs to be white so you can put your signature or any other info there.

The other fabric can be left over if you have it or anything else.

If you want to say a lot, then make the top and bottom strips white and the middle a color.

Does that make sense? It is really easy when you can visualize it.

Using permanent ink is essential and then iron it with a hop iron to set the ink.

I can manage that. Is that what you want all of us to do? Do you want us to use our own fabric? Should we use fabric that coordinates with your fabric?

pattis47 05-06-2011 05:20 PM

On May 5 I received F8's from JudyVA and MFQS
on May 6 I recieved F8's from PaintMeJudy, Moonrise,Janecat,Karenpatrick, and finally selfhunter.

Looks like my weekend is "cut out" for me, or should I say I will be cutting out all weekend. The fabric I received is very pretty. I will do the same thing this swap as I did in Boom4. I will post a pic on a seperate thread. If you want to peek before you receive your block in the mail it is up to you. There are some of us who just can't wait, this way I can please both groups.
Happy sewing and Happy Mothers Day all

sustraley 05-06-2011 05:48 PM

I received two today:

PaintMeJudy
Moonrise

Hope I get more tomorrow for the weekend.

kreinhart742 05-06-2011 06:59 PM

I received fat 8ths from the following today:
PokerDiva
PaintMeJudy
JaneCat

I will try to get started on them this weekend, finishing up one other exchange and a small wallhanging for my parents 50th wedding anniversary in June, and a wedding quilt for my son in September. But will try to do them as they arrive.