Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-5-0-north-group-t120542.html)

heyjami 05-05-2011 01:31 PM

ohhh pretty!
Hmmm... I wondered what the strategy was for this. I should look at some of the old posts from previous boomerang swaps!

Originally Posted by AngieS
I am just using one fabric, I just love it though. It has gold in it that just makes me love it! You can't really see it in the photo but it's beautiful to me. :) The quilt shop lady that I always deal with said its an oriental fabric. I've never dealt with any of those before but just fell in love with it.

AngieS 05-05-2011 01:35 PM

I was just thinking the blocks would look more like they belonged together if I used the one fabric. I'm sometimes kind of a matchy matchy person. :) It's hard for me to do scrappy even though I am trying to.

heyjami 05-05-2011 01:44 PM

Well, I think I've changed my mind about my strategy after looking at the previous swap pics... I'm going to pick less fabrics and try for some uniformity and see what comes back.

Let me see how much of these I have...

I still like the brown/teal approach... just less of them.

selfhunter 05-05-2011 01:58 PM

I received my fabric from PaintMeJudy today. That was fast and the fabric is lovely

PokerDiva 05-05-2011 02:04 PM

All the rest of my f8's for this group are going out tomorrow. (Fri) I can't wait to see what I get back. Whoo Hoo!!!!

craft phanatic 05-05-2011 02:14 PM

Terribly hectic week for me and I forgot all about checking in on the individual threads. Sorry to be a Johnny Come Lately! Packing my fabric now (on break at work!) And will probably mail it out next week. Tomorrow is the best day becase I get to go pick up my daughter from her freshman year of college and bring her home!!! Yay for me, I missed her terribly. So I won't get to the post office. I am so excited to tell her about this swap. She has no intrest (yet) in learning to sew but seloves what I make her and she likes hearing about the swaps. I'll post when I send mine out and when I receive any. Robin

paintmejudy 05-05-2011 02:23 PM

I too used just one fabric in both North and South. Wanted a unified look to the quilt. But will still have the scrpapy look I love, with all the varied patterns and fabrics added.

Originally Posted by AngieS
I was just thinking the blocks would look more like they belonged together if I used the one fabric. I'm sometimes kind of a matchy matchy person. :) It's hard for me to do scrappy even though I am trying to.

paintmejudy 05-05-2011 02:25 PM

I like that idea better, Jami. In fact, my colors for the second group are blues and teals and chocolate.

Originally Posted by heyjami
Well, I think I've changed my mind about my strategy after looking at the previous swap pics... I'm going to pick less fabrics and try for some uniformity and see what comes back.

Let me see how much of these I have...

I still like the brown/teal approach... just less of them.

heyjami 05-05-2011 02:27 PM

The pictures for the other swaps are just breathtaking! There are some amazing blocks that come together!

Can't wait to see how this works out!

Roseysue 05-05-2011 03:23 PM

I received my First F8 from PaintMeJudy in the mail today.

How exciting to be able to do my first grown up block!

It's all done and waiting for a ride to the PO.

I really enjoyed doing it. Hope it is what you have in mind.

roseysue (sue_