Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 6.0 Winter Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-6-0-winter-group-t156754.html)

joanelizbay 12-14-2011 05:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Received this beautiful block from Goldendog55. What is the name of it Judy? THANK YOU!

goldendog55 12-14-2011 06:39 AM

It's called Christmas shoo-fly, but I didn't record where I found the pattern. I'm glad you liked it.

sustraley 12-15-2011 04:25 AM

Mailed out blocks yesterday to:alikat110 and Aully
Mailing out today to: LV2sew2011, fabric fancy and joanelizbay

Just a few more to go.

LovingIzabella 12-15-2011 05:24 PM

Hi everyone,
Just popping in to see how you are all doing. I am so happy to see the progress you all are making.
have had quite the run from my husbands grandmother passing away to my mom being in the hospital to me going for surgery in January. I am ready for that silver lining now lol
I am not sure if I will be hosting the Boomerang swap after this one is done. I feel like I am loosing touch with you all because of life. I do not like to let anyone down and that is all I have done lately. I tried to help in another swap and have had the hardest time finding the rows and now the owner is upset (which I understand but I did not do this with the intention of this happening) Such is life I guess. Time for me to admit life has won out over my "upbeat" attitude.
Huge Hugs
April

joanelizbay 12-15-2011 05:56 PM

April, I hope you can manage the swap next time. What would we do without your guidance?? I know life is hard sometimes and gets in the way but the friendships we make thru the swaps and on this board make the hard part of life easier to deal with. I will keep you in my prayers and hope you can still be with us in the next swap and more to come!

Lv2sew2011 12-15-2011 10:09 PM

Nancia, sorry to hear about your mom! Go ahead and take time for yourself, and grief do what you need to do to keep your health in check! God Bless
Donna

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 4774029)
i mentioned in an earlier post that i had a lot of outside pressures and was trying to do blocks as a way of lessening them. the main pressure was my 92 yr old mother. last week she went into the final stages and on friday evening she passed. this is a blessing as she has wanted to go to be with my father and the 3 children that predeceased her. i am happy for her release, but it has taken all my energy and slowed my mind. i will get back to making blocks, and you will have them by feb.1st. i just don't seem able to concentrate right now. sorry.

babyfireo4 12-16-2011 11:30 AM

It sounds like everyone has been really busy lately! No exception here! One last christmas present to buy on Monday. DH is laid off til March (Makes alot less free time up til now lol) Our internet stopped working and after about two weeks of racking our collective brains we realized a cat knocked the cord loose..... hahhaha!!! So now we're plugged back in and getting back on track :) I g/g pick my munchkin up from school but am hoping to post that update I've been promising tonight ;)

babyfireo4 12-16-2011 12:54 PM

Update: I know it's taken way to long to get this posted! Here it finally is :)

Finished

fromzstore, Jennifer22206, shaysmema, paintmejudy, sarah fitz, missgigglewings, pokerdiva, marcialee, roseysue, Wendsy, and moonrise

I have quite a few more almost finished but I won't list them until they are ready for a stamp in their respective envelopes :)

Received

Wendsy, shaysmema, sustraley, Ok Darla, marcialee, kris 2011, oatw13, paintmejudy, lv2sew2011, cyndi H, jennifer22206, peggerss, pokerdiva, moonrise, missgigglewings, joanlizbay, Nana Kathy 55, Kathy N, Quilting Nurse, and Deltadawn.

There it is :) No new squishies in todays mail so I am caught up for at least the next 24 hrs :) Hope everyones holiday season is going great! We just got to watch payton's first Christmas Program on Wensday! It's amazing how much they learn in such a short time. Their Penguin Polka was so cute, the teacher got them all to waddle in unison :)

joanelizbay 12-17-2011 06:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Received two more blocks in the mail yesterday. One on left from Deltadawn and the one on the right from Sustraley.Thanks ladies! My records still show waiting on 19 blocks..Im thankful I wont have them all until Feb, maybe Ill get some of the others finished I have here! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

PokerDiva 12-17-2011 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Recieved a Woven 9 Patch variation block from oatw13 today. It is a definate thumbs up. Thank you Misty.