Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

Yosamitesa 11-14-2012 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got a block in from missgigglewings!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]376494[/ATTACH]

jaba 11-14-2012 07:24 AM

sustraley I think they are all different, shouldn't be but they are. Guess it's who's behind the counter. I paid 85 cents for all mine except Canada, that was $1 something if it was 1 block. If I sent 2 it was double. I bought that mag yesterday too, some nice looking blocks it in don't you think?

goldendog55 11-14-2012 08:10 AM

I love that mag, too. I have all of the editions so far.

Postage mostly depends on thick your envelope is. A thick envelope is considered a package, and $1.95 is the package price.

Annaquilts 11-14-2012 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by sustraley (Post 5655673)
I went to the post office and they charged me $1.95 for one envelope with a grown up block in it. I have always mailed out blocks with the 65 cents before. So, I guess I will mail them with 65 cents. I only hope no one has to pay anything for lack of postage. Please let me know if you do.

The key is to get it as flat aspossible. Sofar we received one that was short.

Yosamitesa 11-14-2012 08:32 AM

If anyone is ever "short" on any of mine, please let me know and I'll send you the extra money. :)

joanelizbay 11-14-2012 11:00 AM

I havent received my 100 block magazine yet. Should be in the mail today or tomorrow. I have vol 3-4-5- and will have 6. They DO have some interesting blocks in them but not sure how many Ill try. I just like looking at the different designs! Still waiting on about 18 blocks to fly home...Hope the next swap starts right after the lst of the year! Anyone heard from April?

PinkLotus 11-14-2012 01:46 PM

Just wanted to give an update..

To make it easier the following I have NOT received:
- areinn
- Lv2sew2011

All of my F8th's have been mailed. ***Areinn, I mailed (11/14) you another F8th today to replace the one that went MIA!**

I have received grown-ups from the following:
- Abby's Mom (mailed yours 11/02)
- jaba (mailed yours 10/05)
- joanelizbay (mailed yours 10/02)
- ljdugas31 (mailed yours 10/03)
- marytoddliz (mailed yours 10/02)
- moonrise (mailed yours 10/03)
- TwinRiverFarm (mailed yours 10/17)
- Elisabrat (mailed yours 10/02)
- urgodschild2 (mailed yours 10/22)
- goldendog55 (mailed yours 10/22)
- Tam...Moo (mailed yours 10/22)
- Yosamitesa (mailed yours 10/22)
- CharlotteMarie (mailed yours 10/22)
- marcialee (mailed yours 11/02)
- AnnaQuilts (mailed yours 10/22)
- Chewboo (mailed yours 11/14)
- 1000projects
- Roseysue
- missgigglewings
Thank you everyone. They are great!

Today (11/14) I mailed a grown-up to:
-Chewboo

I am working on getting out the ones I have received grown-ups from first.

Pics are in my sig. line for the ones I made and the ones I have received. (I have only loaded received ones if I have mailed back your block.) I am working on more...

Scrapper 11-14-2012 02:43 PM

howdy diamond gals......sorry for the MIA on my part. I hand hand surgery and just now getting back into the swing of things.....hopefully I;ll hv the full arm splint off the first of the week and then I can sew again.....wow...never had such sewing withdrawals as in the last few weeks....this hunt and peck typing w one hand SUCKS BIG TIME!!

I'll be sure to give an update soon on rcvd and sent F8's...

joanelizbay 11-14-2012 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Received this really pretty block from Marcialee. Thank you! Its really pretty.

Lv2sew2011 11-14-2012 05:25 PM

They tried that with me too, and I said I'm not paying that when I've been sending them for less than a dollar for almost two years. So I took it back went home put a 65 cent stamp on them and so far no one as complain about having to pay for postage to get there block back, so with that said please let me know if you have to pay extra for my mail to you and I will refund you the difference, since the cut backs at the PO some are trying to get more money than what deserve now if I send two blocks in same mailing I do have to pay more than a dollar and I don't have a problem with that...

Donna

Originally Posted by sustraley (Post 5655673)
I bought the new 100 block magazine. So, I will be trying new blocks from this for the remaining ones I have not made yet. I do have some to mail out. I am confused. I went to the post office and they charged me $1.95 for one envelope with a grown up block in it. But, I receive grown up blocks from everyone that has 65 cents as postage. I have always mailed out blocks with the 65 cents before. So, I guess I will mail them with 65 cents. I only hope no one has to pay anything for lack of postage. Please let me know if you do.