Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

Annaquilts 12-28-2012 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Sheri,
I received your block and I send the block I made out to you. Hopefully it will show up soon. send 12/17
Pictures are in my folder.

SheriR 12-28-2012 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 5746423)
Hi Sheri,
I received your block and I send the block I made out to you. Hopefully it will show up soon. send 12/17
Pictures are in my folder.

YIPEE!! There is was right on my desk.... Thanks Anna, I was about to be sad because it's so beautiful, I didn't want it lost... :D

Missing 10. areinn, girlscouts1, Linda58, Lovingizabella, Nancia, oldcatlady, PinkLotus, QuilterMomma, savannahrandons, and scrapper. :D

Annaquilts 12-28-2012 07:34 PM

I am so glad it is there Sheri. It had been awhile since I had send it so I was also worried you had not recieved it. Glad you have it.

oldcatlady 12-28-2012 09:34 PM

I've been working on blocks for the last few days and planning on it for the next 4 days and I can not believe my machine broke!!! I hit a pin and broke the needle, something I've done before w/o any problem, but now my top and bottom threads are not connecting when I sew. Does anyone know what could be wrong or what should I look at? The bobbin case looks OK, it's threaded right. I'm so upset, this was the time I set aside to finish my blocks.

I'll need to see if I can borrow a machine from someone or I'll have to go buy a new one since I won't have time to get mine fixed in time. Life sure does throw you some curve balls sometimes!

These blocks have either already gone out in the last day or will go out tomorrow:
Abby's Mom
charlottemarie
chewboo
elisabrat
fraew
joanelizbay
OK Darla x2
quiltermomma

pics in my album if you want to peek :)

Fraew 12-28-2012 09:38 PM

@oldcatlady: Fraew loves her block! Can't wait to see it in person. Thank you. :)

Good luck with fixing your machine.

Nexxus831 12-28-2012 10:27 PM

ok I have lost track of whose blocks are who. That is what happens when I try to take a vacation, get sick twice and allow my brother to stay in there for a couple weeks. I love all the blocks I have gotten. I had 52 I made and sent back home and I currently have 45. I am in no hurry.

Also is it bad that I have already cut my fabric for the next boomerang. This time I am only doing a small group.

marcialee 12-29-2012 04:43 AM

when is the next boom starting

LovingIzabella 12-29-2012 06:05 AM

The next boom signups begin in January :) So come one come all.
Love all of the blocks I have been seeing.
Hugs
April

jaba 12-29-2012 07:57 AM

oldcatlady, take all your bobbin apart, vacuum it really good, you may have just a little piece of the needle stuck it in. Get all the lint and re oil, put it back together and see if it makes a difference. It not, you've knocked it out of timing and you'll have to take it in for repairs, unless you know how to reset it. Usually this is what happens if cleaning good doesn't resolve it.

oldcatlady 12-29-2012 10:25 AM

I've never taken apart my machine-it's a little scary but I'm going to have to do it. I just called the man who usually works on it and his wife told me he is dying of pancreatic cancer. Puts everything into perspective for me! I don't know anyone else so will try to take it apart. If that doesn't work I guess it means I have to buy a new machine! Any case, I'm sorry to say my blocks are not going to be done on time. I took this week between xmas and new years off to work on them. I shouldn't have scheduled it until the last minute but I had other commitments. I hope to get them done soon so I will be allowed to sign up for the next Boom.

SheriR, I was almost finished with your block when it broke. I'm going to try to hand piece the remaining part so I can get it mailed to you on monday. I LOVE your fabric! I'm going to try to get fabric matched up and cut so when I get a machine it will be quicker. I will PM you if you are on my list to do yet. If you need the blocks asap send me a PM and I will put you ahead of the class.

I'm so sorry I will not get them out on time. It takes me a lot of time to make a block-I'm one of those that pins, measures and presses as I go and makes sure each section is the right size, I know, alittle OCD of me isn't it?

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5747386)
oldcatlady, take all your bobbin apart, vacuum it really good, you may have just a little piece of the needle stuck it in. Get all the lint and re oil, put it back together and see if it makes a difference. It not, you've knocked it out of timing and you'll have to take it in for repairs, unless you know how to reset it. Usually this is what happens if cleaning good doesn't resolve it.