Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

QuilterMomma 12-14-2012 08:43 AM

You can do it Brat, just relax while doing it. That is the key for me with my domestic machine. I also use either the fusible batting or KK200 glue spray form my embroidery. Works better than the Joanns quilting spray. Use less, sticks more. This way I also don't have to safety pin so much.

TheMamaHauser 12-14-2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5719833)
I also use either the fusible batting or KK200 glue spray form my embroidery.

I have not had much luck with the fusible batting - it seems to not stick and turn into a rock-hard piece of fluff. I have started using Elmer's Glue spray with Warm & Natural. The spray washes out and it doesn't stink like so many others.

But I wonder, if you have such luck with the fusible, how are you doing it? Maybe (probably) I'm doing it wrong.

daisey 12-15-2012 08:06 AM

Hi,
I have recieved Annaquilts, Nexxus831, SheriR,MarciaLee all beautiful Thanks!!!!

Heres the deal I have 11 blocks missing but I show 12 names,,,so one of the names below I have recieved a block from and couldnt read the name or something, So below are 12 names but one of you have sent me a block so please let me know who you are.
Thanks Daisey
Missing Blocks:

Areinn - I got message you are sending
Fraew
Linda58
luv2sew2011
Nancia
ok darla
old cat lady
quiltermomma
pink lotus
sustraley
scrapper
savannahrandons
***I double checked I have 26 blocks so yes I am missing 11***

Please let me know if your name is on the list and you have sent to me. Also i sent all mine out on 12/3 sp please let me know if you havent recieved it.

Thanks everyone

Fraew 12-15-2012 11:19 AM

Squishy headed your way SheriR...awful pic in sig. I need a camera!! :)

Yosamitesa 12-15-2012 11:26 AM

Still missing blocks from: Nancia, OK Darla & savannahrandons

Still waiting to hear if you received your block from me, please let me know:
1000projects (mailed 10/25/12)
areinn (mailed 11/21/12)
Mosher92 (mailed 10/19/12)
Ok Darla (mailed 11/20/12)
Roseysue (mailed 11/20/12)
savannahrandons (mailed 11/20/12)
scrapper (mailed 11/20/12)

Yosamitesa 12-15-2012 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 5721967)
Squishy headed your way SheriR...awful pic in sig. I need a camera!! :)

That is a BEAUTIFUL block!!! :)

Fraew 12-15-2012 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 5721976)
That is a BEAUTIFUL block!!! :)

:o Thank you. :o

Elisabrat 12-15-2012 09:03 PM

I received your block Melinda! Thank you. I will get your picture up tomorrow. I just picked up batteries the trick now however is to find the good spot I put them in. In the camera is not where they landed (argh).

I had a nuclear melt down with my mystery quilt so tomorrow I will tackle it again. I pinned the back, batting, top together and sewed one line. Perfect. second, bunching took out the long seam and redid it. Came out good. Did a third, no bunching decided to turn the whole quilt to look at the back .. realize I had pinned the back crooked. I had trimmed it pinned while on the floor. So its crooked and I cant fix it. I about fell over. I had pieced that back. it had stripes now it has 20 degree cut off whole back so its like leaning to two oclock. It looks dumb. I have no replacement back. So I will have to finish it this way. How horribly sad. Another lesson I forgot to remember. Double check the back always. dumb things I realize a day late and I KNEW THAT I forgot it. oh crud. things happen. Tomorrow is another day. sooner I finish that sooner I can move on :)

marytoddliz 12-16-2012 11:45 AM

Don't feel too bad Linda, mine is still in pieces in my project drawer! I am going to make a commitment to finish all my UFQ's in 2013, the only thing that will be allowed to pull me off goal will be a paying job!

I counted and I have 43 unfinished Quilts! That is so pathetic! And the amount of money tied up in it is just unreal! So 2013 is the year I get most of them off my to do list!

I am listening to Dolphin football while I sew! OK I have to admit I love Football and really really wish I could say my team is a winning team... that is not the reality, the Phins are not doing well this year! URG... Not the end of the world by a long shot but I do enjoy a good game to get my mind off real troubles~

Have a blessed Sunday~

Lv2sew2011 12-16-2012 02:05 PM

Hi all still alive and well today, I received two blocks today and will post pictures after I add them to the others.
Awesome Blocks from Sheri Rhodes and Carol Thompson, Thank you very much loved them both...

Donna