Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-rubies-group-t197897.html)

Anastasia 10-01-2012 07:09 PM

Love the ladybug lovebug!

buddy'smom 10-01-2012 10:05 PM

Oh, there all so cute but the bug is my favorite.

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 (Post 5555515)
Knowing I need some other bug blocks for my quilt, I made some for myself --

Luv'n me some bugs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366972[/ATTACH]

plate full of bugs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366973[/ATTACH]

Ladybug Buggy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366974[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 10-02-2012 01:12 AM

OMg that is such a cute lovebug. or the kids used to call them punch buggies you got to punch someone in the arm if ou saw it first.. oh ok who started that one??? that will be a very cute lively happy quilt. The colors are so sweet together.

anastasia I have NEVER cut a block wrong ever.. especially thinking it was set at 12.5 and slice whip tda oh how come it doesnt look square.. oh crud 12.25 nice neat side all way too short. That is such a bummer! glad you found a fix. That block your whipping up right now (ha I had a sneak peak) is super pretty and absolutely the perfect block for that fabric. that didnt speak to you honey it came right out and smacked you on the rear end and said make me and .. well it is perfect. check out Yosemitesa's postings she is doing a Dr. Seuss quilt in Diamonds and today posted about 10 new blocks she has received what a fun quilt that will be also. Reds, blues yellows all go magically together too..

well better get some rest long day ahead of me.Quilting today! yeah!!! I miss it when I have to take a day off from it.

Phannie1 10-02-2012 02:45 AM

Got a block ready for Mailing to the "Senior Cat Lady" I will get in the photo bucket later if you want to peek. Hope you all have a great day. Phannie

Elisabrat 10-02-2012 05:22 AM

Moonworks thanks for the patterns.. i hope they are easy lol they sure are reasonable enough to buy BUT when one sews it should be something we make over buying right? guilt me into making it and worse yet showing you guys the results.. I have made fabric baskets where you line them and tie up the corners but this is a newone.. nice and stiff and perfect for those holiday wrapped hard candies.. oh who am I kidding we have a full candy bowl on the table at all times. everyone loves it ok kidding bigger its rarely full if its Chocolate Steve will eat it all within 24 or so hours if its hard candies it can go almost a week.. everyone grabs something. I had this lady who loved dum dum suckers she would come in and fill her pockets with them.. more power to you.. who said it was kids raiding the candy bowl.

DogHouseMom 10-02-2012 02:58 PM

Glad you are feeling better April. Hope it continues that way.

I'm outa here for a few days ... going to play at the DesMoines AQS show :)

jaba 10-02-2012 06:39 PM

Moonwork, me thinks tomorrow is your B-day or anniversary or both?? So hope I'm right and wish you a very happy happy day!!!

moonwork42029 10-02-2012 08:21 PM

Jaba, yep, tomorrow is my birthday, the next day is our anniversary and the following day is my hubby's birthday. 3 days of enjoyment for us each year. We're going to head to Pigeon Forge most likely for a day or so and then come home. Vacation has been too wet and cold for much of a motorcycle ride this year.

Thanks for the happy wishes :)

Phannie1 10-03-2012 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 (Post 5558403)
Jaba, yep, tomorrow is my birthday, the next day is our anniversary and the following day is my hubby's birthday. 3 days of enjoyment for us each year. We're going to head to Pigeon Forge most likely for a day or so and then come home. Vacation has been too wet and cold for much of a motorcycle ride this year.

Thanks for the happy wishes :)

Enjoy your days, Pigeon Forge is a great place in the fall. My folks had three days like that. two birthdays and an anniversary. I will be going up to celebrate with my mom the first of November. Dad would have been 75 on the 2. they were married for 32 years when he passed.

I plan to fly to Indiana, then mom picks me up we are going to drive down to Arkansas to see Dad's cousins. (Mom already knows I will have every quilt shop mapped all the way down to Batesville.) What a good time I will have. (made mom a Wizard of Oz quilt for her Birthday.) (Material I bought while in Delaware in the summer.)

Again, Have a great time and Happy Birthday. Gotta go to work. Phannie

Elisabrat 10-03-2012 06:17 AM

ohhh visiting every quilt shop, drooling in my coffee .. the picture of all that beautiful fabric.. ah now that is a good way to wake up. Oh the holiday sounds lovely too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPPPPYYY BIRTHDAAYYYYY and Happy Anniversary to you toooooo! Happy Birthday moonworks

I have some new for the troops: I went to Stanford on Monday. The liver transplant team has said I am doing so well that I do not need to come back down until APRIL!!! after twice a week, once a week twice a month once a month well this is jazz news. I am very happy. Second Flash: The kidney transplant team called last night and said.. drum roll.. I made the list for a transplant so now all I have to do is be patient and wait. That was such good news as I had fears because of theother transplant they might veto it. I was so happy I took a nap. lol.. I am tired an awful lot. Seemed like an excellent way to celebrate.

How do you make a quilt block for a quilt instructor? very carefully. I had a tough mental time with that one as I so much wanted to please her, kinda like doing something for your teacher. .. you want a good grade? I could not figure out why I worried the most about this block.. it was tough. She hopefully will like it. If you remember Quiltermomma from the original sign ups I have bugged her with gifting her puppies if she signed up. I sent her that puppy pin cushion, some carmel candies her favorite and wrapped those in puppy fabric.. so now I figure unless I want her bashing me on the head with my puppies I should give it up. I made her a vintage pattern of a basket.. with a kitten in it. Oops. Me and my critters lol for some reason it seemed like the right thing at the time. I think she will be shaking her head at me when she gets it lol sometimes I can not escape me. off to finish the corner blocks for that and to go onto something else.

oh to date I have received 10 blocks from the group. That is a huge percentage .. I have come to think that the smaller groups work faster.. I have 17 out of 37 for my other group in. I can actually see the quilts coming to make sense and its very cool. Have you laid yours out yet to see how they will look? on point? straight, sashing.. wall hangings what have you done with yours I know they did not get thrown in a box without a second looksie.. heck mine are man handled all the time each time one comes in I put a few together to see how it looks. big old kid here.