Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-9-0-pacific-o-group-thread-t212377.html)

lovngrandma 06-16-2013 07:26 PM

hello fellow boomers
i am posting in my album all of the finished and ironded blocks so u can see them, i have the fabrics picked out and the paterns picked out and most cut , waiting on postage form most to be mailed, and i see that some are in the maiking of quilts i will get them out as soon as possible, rose please message me so i can ask a question of your block, before i do something i can undo, i did post a pic so u can see it, as it is now, so going now and posting in album boom 9 i made, let me know what u think o yours, all are named by either real name are online name and all have a block name, all are different so far adn so far all i have cut are all different, this was so much fun, i will do better with time next one on 10 , online in a couple ofther swaps , not several, lol, sure hope u all like are love your blocks, going now toput them in my album

ArizonaKAT 06-17-2013 06:52 AM

I had the same problem deciding sashing or not. Decided against it when I realized that my "wife" quite was already large enough to fit the bed. But my blocks are all different colors. I love your quilt either way.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 6125509)
Nope Jaydee..still waiting on lovingrandmas block. I put all the other blocks I have received plus one I made out on my bed but Im having a terrible time deciding if they need sashing or what they need...dont want anymore "yellow" for the sashing and white wouldnt show up very well...any suggestions?

travelinggramma 06-17-2013 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 (Post 6126477)
I personally would do a solid white sashing and then maybe a colored corner store. It would really really make the yellow pop. I am more into solids and modern fabric soooo...

I concur - since most of the whites that I can see are all tone on tone a pure white will stand out. You could also quilt a yellow 1/8 inch line around each on the white sashing.

lovngrandma 06-17-2013 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 6125793)
Jaba, its for my granddaughter and I have no idea what her bedroom colors are. I know yellow is her favorite color. I also think it needs some sashing. Ill just have to take a piece of the yellow to the fabric shop and see if I can find anything that might go with it...its the hardest part of quilting I think...picking sashings!

joan i think i answered your message it was in my visitor folder but wheni approved it , it disappeared, then was in in my inbox so not sure , but yes i will be mailing your block tomorow, so u can get it in time, thank u for letting meknow

moonrise 06-17-2013 05:04 PM

Not sure if I posted all of these or not, but just in case, in the last couple of weeks, I've received blocks from:

cuppy
dottie dodge
Tracibug
scrapper
babyfire04

Looks like all the blocks I lack are girlscouts1, lovngrandma, and Roseysue. :)

Edit: Oh, in case anyone is looking for me after 6/21, my internet access will be limited or non-existent for a couple of weeks. DH and I are sneaking off to a little cabin by the river for a few days to celebrate our 25th anniversary. :D

LovingIzabella 06-17-2013 05:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by moonrise (Post 6128277)
Oh, in case anyone is looking for me after 6/21, my internet access will be limited or non-existent for a couple of weeks. DH and I are sneaking off to a little cabin by the river for a few days to celebrate our 25th anniversary. :D

Congrats!!! Hope you enjoy your time together :)

Here are all of the blocks I have received back. Izzy and I love them all!! She wanted to claim the blocks that were meant for me too LOL I am going to sash Izabella's with black and mine with orange..haven't decided on the lingerie sashing yet :)
I will post an updated picture with names once I am near my list.
Thank you all again..I am only waiting for a couple of more blocks and then this swap is done for me.
Hugs
April

ljdugas31 06-17-2013 08:52 PM

WOW nice blocks you are gonna have some great quilts!!! And what a cutie izzie is so grown up just adorable wish they could stay that age forever.

Scrapper 06-17-2013 10:08 PM

Rcvd lovingizabella's block today. Thanks April.

contemplating on Boomerang 10 swap.....

Everyone, thanks for swapping....I received some beautiful blocks.

Originally Posted by Scrapper (Post 6117467)
Hello Pacific Boomers.....Just confirming that I have mailed all blocks home. I have received blocks from everyone except the following......presume they'll be coming home soon :thumbup:

girlscouts1
lovingizabella
lovingrandma
roseysue
tracibug

dottie dodge 06-18-2013 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 (Post 6125319)
Happy Father's Day Dad! He won't see this but I've told him it several times this weekend. Got him a 22" monitor so he can play cards better but the best present was me cutting out a bunch of fabric that he needs to iron :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]419297[/ATTACH]

You are so lucky to still have your dad! When mine was alive he would do my pressing for me too. He was like a little kid in a candy shop! He was legally blind the last 15 years of his life so it was hard for him to stay busy but he lived a good 92 years. Your photo reminds me very much of him.:o

lovngrandma 06-18-2013 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Scrapper (Post 6128575)
Rcvd lovingizabella's block today. Thanks April.

contemplating on Boomerang 10 swap.....

Everyone, thanks for swapping....I received some beautiful blocks.

yes u presume right, i am waiting for postage, only getting out the onesf that are making a quilt with them right now, and wiating on them to finish, had some unexpectissues and expenses, will be there soon,