Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-9-0-pacific-o-group-thread-t212377.html)

oldcatlady 02-23-2013 03:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
received 5 beautiful blocks this week from babyfire04, twinriversfarm, urgodschild2 x 2, and TheMamaHauser. Ladies they are all beautiful! Thank you so much :)

I sent out block to Moonrise today and will mail out to Abby's Mom on monday, pics in my album.

jaba 02-23-2013 05:52 PM

babyfire sent your block today. Nothing in the mail. Those that haven't mailed please mail your F8, they should have been in the mail last week.

LovingIzabella 02-23-2013 06:08 PM

I know I am behind in updating...some one slap me with the wet noodle out behind the barn please! I am going to pull my list and gather my envelopes and open them this evening :)
You are all doing a wonderful job!
Hugs
April

TheMamaHauser 02-23-2013 07:39 PM

Here's my current status as of 8:40 pm Sunday 2/23

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Ready to Sew[/TD]
[TD]Waiting on F8[/TD]
[TD]Block Returned[/TD]
[TD]Swap Complete[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Goldendog55*
UrGoldsChild2*
babyfire04
country1
Gaijin
Moonwork42029
NanaKathy55
Navarre2011[/TD]
[TD]Girlscouts1*
Tracibug*
Dottie Dodge
jaydee3
lovngrandma
Mosher92
QuiltingMommy
Lv2sew2011 (side)
Tam...moo(side)[/TD]
[TD]Marcialee
OKDarla
Alikat110
ArizonaKAT
cupy
LovingIzabella
Phannie1
Roseysue
Scrapper
Travlinggramma
MollyMunchkin (side)
Nexxus831(side)
MissGiggleWings

[/TD]
[TD]TwinRiversFarm
Abby's Mom
Dahna42
Elisabrat
Jaba
JoanElizBay
Lestrong601
LjDugas31
Moonrise
OldCatLady
RoseIrish48

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

* indicates more than 1 group

I got almost 12 blocks sewn today but not all in time for the mail pick up - so a bunch will be going out on Monday. If you click on the link below, there are pictures of everything I've made, everything I've received, and a link to my tracking spreadsheet with dates & block names.

Phannie1 02-24-2013 06:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got a beautiful block from RoseIrish. As I was taking my picture the Quilt Inspecter gave here approval.[ATTACH=CONFIG]397512[/ATTACH]

moonwork42029 02-24-2013 07:47 AM

I think it's so funny to see some of the blocks that I wanted to make this time around already being made by others. I guess we all went through Quilterscache and the same blocks jumped out at us. I hadn't see the Antique tile block, Quatrefoil or the Dandy before to this swap (or maybe just didn't know the names) and decided I wanted to try using them and voila...several other people are using them too.

Amazing how great minds think a like I guess.

So of course I think all the blocks great :)

Country1 02-24-2013 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by goldendog55 (Post 5882926)
You guys are some of the first to know this: I just received word that I have received the Alegre Quilt Art Camp Scholarship for 2013! It is in Colorado in April for 5 days in a beautiful retreat center. I want to take the shibori dyeing and design class, that will help me in my work at Pike Place Market, but otherwise I'll take a class with Katie Pasaquini-Masopust. The other instructor is Joan Meyers-Newbury. Oh, I am so excited!!!!!!

Here's the link to the program: http://www.alegreretreat.com/alegre.htm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Just looked up the site. BEAUTIFUL does not do the pic justice. You are sooooooo LUCKY, enjoy and know you are envied by alot of us!...
Country1

joanelizbay 02-24-2013 09:08 AM

Moonwork, I was thinking the same thing! Had never made the Kansas Fortune one before but as soon as I got it in the mail I see where someone else liked it too! LOL...ALL the blocks are beautiful I think. My son looked at 2 different blocks in 2 different colors and loved one of them but not the other that I had made...When I showed him it was the same exact block he couldnt beleive it. Colors make all the difference in the world dont they?

joanelizbay 02-24-2013 10:26 AM

Baby Fire, blocks on the way home to you.

Phannie1 02-24-2013 01:24 PM

MamaHauser, got your block done and it will be in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for swapping...