Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-9-0-pacific-o-group-thread-t212377.html)

Country1 03-04-2013 02:00 PM

Re'd a grown up block from Irish Rose 48 today. It's a beauty!... LOVE it.
Country1

quiltingmommy 03-04-2013 02:03 PM

Okay need help from you in this group. I think that I am pretty organized about this swap. When an envelope comes in I number it, open it and check what type of fabric is inside. Then I log the numbered envelope in a notebook with this info: name, fabric description and any special requests (all incase fabric or notes get seperated). When I get to an envelope I make the block and tag it with the return address from your envelopes until I can get it mailed. Then I photograph and log the picture with names attached so that I have a visual image of what goes where as well. So far my process has worked well, or so I thought.

I got a message from TwinRiverFarm that I mailed her the wrong block. I have checked back at all my notes and everything fits as being hers...so I need your help in figuring out where this one goes. I have marked that a black fabric with red dots went to Miriam at TwinRiverFarm with no special requests. Does anyone have a black fabric with red dots in their to-do pile? Who does it belong to? It's all odd, becuase I have finished all most all of the F8's that I have received and don't have any unnaccounted fabrics the description that was hers.....Perplexed

joanelizbay 03-04-2013 02:52 PM

Moonwork is the only one that I have received that is red/black. Can you post a picture of the fabric or the block or can TwinRIvers? We all make mistakes! I sent the wrong block to someone but they have been nice enough to forward it on to the right person!! Good Luck

quiltingmommy 03-04-2013 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399779[/ATTACH]

Here is the block. I added the red and the black fabric with multi-colored dots. The Black with just red dots was what I received.

joanelizbay 03-04-2013 04:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I havent seen that fabric. are you sure its this boom? Heres a beautiful block I got from Gaijin from Japan today. Isnt it beautiful!! Also some more stamps for my granddaughter whos decided to start collecting them now! :)

moonrise 03-04-2013 04:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Catching up from last week! DH took a couple of days off work, plus the weekend, for his birthday. We've been remodeling the kitchen, so I haven't been online much. I'll be glad when the kitchen's finished. It looks like an explosion happened in there! ;)

Received F8's from: jaydee3 and dottiedodge.

Awaiting F8's from: girlscouts1, lovngrandma, Mosher92, Tracibug

Received two gorgeous blocks from jaydee3 and phannie1. Love them both! :thumbup:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399788[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399789[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the note, Anna! :) Both DH and I have lived in this area our entire lives. We didn't have any direct damage from the tornado. It really tore Ringgold up, though. We live about 3 miles from where it first touched down. We were lucky. I was on the phone with DH when it went over, and was looking out the front door. There was some CRAZY lightning and thunder going on, so I quickly moved into the hall. Even the air had an eerie, foreboding feel to it. I logged onto Facebook a few minutes after the crazy lightning stopped, and people were posting that downtown Ringgold was devastated from a tornado. It was almost dark when the tornado went through, but the photos started coming in early the next morning. The damage was unbelievable. Eight people were killed. It's a miracle there weren't more fatalities than there were, though. Here's a video someone made of the tornado passing over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZSCo4PW0yk I saved all the pictures people posted on Facebook. I'll put them on a blog at some point.

moonrise 03-04-2013 04:48 PM

I just uploaded the tornado photos, along with some videos I found on YouTube, to my blog at http://ringgoldtornado.blogspot.com/

cuppy 03-04-2013 04:58 PM

I receive some F8 from girlscouts1, sdodge ,and travelingramma just need a couple of more. I am sure you will send them to me soon.

goldendog55 03-04-2013 05:45 PM

Boom block

3 Attachment(s)
I received f8s from dottie_dodge and jaydee3. I received blocks from (in order) jaydee3, country1, and RoseIrish48.

urgodschild2 03-04-2013 05:46 PM

Well I am like quiltingmommy. I have to be organized as I am in all 5 groups and I do not want to lose one piece of fabric. I figure if I screw up and send off a block to the wrong person that everyone is so nice that they will tell me and we can figure out who it should go to. Fortunately, I have not had that happen. I have posted the wrong grown up blocks in the wrong groups on here but I guess that is ok too. I am now up to 44/90 and I think that is doing pretty good.
Today I got F8 from quiltingmommy and Tracibug. Cute stuff.