Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-buddies-group-buddies-post-here-t88099.html)

moonrise 01-31-2011 07:15 PM

Moonrise what is the name of the block you sent to tealfalcon.
It's called Mississippi, and it's from Quilter's Cache. :)

moonrise 01-31-2011 07:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Kathy N
I received my first grownup block today from Lisa (moonrise) It is GORGEOUS. I will try to get a photo posted. She used batiks with my fabric and they beautifully blended with it. I'm so excited!!!

Wow, that was fast! Glad you like it! :thumbup: I couldn't resist fussy-cutting that center circle. Your fabric is marvelous! :D

I snapped a photo before mailing it back. :)

moonrise 01-31-2011 07:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm a couple of days behind in confirming what squishies have been received. We moved my sewing room over the weekend, and CHAOS is putting it mildly! :shock:

I've received F8's from Qbee and belladawn, and will try to start on the grown-up blocks tonight.

Also received the following finished blocks. :thumbup:

From MarieM - Love love love it! :-D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]161037[/ATTACH]

From Suzi's - She put bees with my apples! How cute is that! :-D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]161041[/ATTACH]

goldendog55 01-31-2011 07:56 PM

Brenda 5, I PMd you. I will probably have some of my extra fabric to send to you!

kristen0112 01-31-2011 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise

Originally Posted by Kathy N
I received my first grownup block today from Lisa (moonrise) It is GORGEOUS. I will try to get a photo posted. She used batiks with my fabric and they beautifully blended with it. I'm so excited!!!

Wow, that was fast! Glad you like it! :thumbup: I couldn't resist fussy-cutting that center circle. Your fabric is marvelous! :D

I snapped a photo before mailing it back. :)

Very pretty

jtapp9 01-31-2011 10:13 PM

I received a f8 squishie from Qbee today! Pretty!!!!

moonrise 01-31-2011 11:47 PM

Qbee and belladawn's grown-up blocks are going out this morning. :)

Y'all's are the first three blocks to be pieced on my brand-new-to-me 61-year-old Featherweight! :mrgreen:

Once I figured out how to wind the bobbin, it went pretty well! :lol: ;-)

LovingIzabella 02-01-2011 05:13 AM

Fabulous blocks everyone-keep up the great work!
Hugs
April

MarieM 02-01-2011 07:06 AM

I got a featherweight for Christmas too and that is how I've pieced all my blocks so far. I just love it.

Marie M.

jtapp9 02-01-2011 09:19 AM

Brenda, you are naming a bunch of names that are not in the Buddies group. SOME of them are, but I think those ones are in both groups (?)

If you are finishing up Boom 3 and starting Boom 4 you may need to start cross referencing the lists and posting some pics for people to claim their block.

I have sent you a f8th but I have not sent you a block.

Originally Posted by brenda 5
Hi Everyone. I am going to try this again. I accidently deleted the last time i did this earlier then i posted on the wrong thread. Oh well someday I will actually learn how to work the computer better.
I have some rose blocks that I don't know who sent them to me. My daughter said she would help me post the blocks I have gotten. Hopefully in the next couple of days. I am missing 5 blocks. If you haven't sent yours to me would you please pm me and tell me. I know that i have not recieved Mbogenpohl and new2quilting. I will get theirs when they have time. Hopefully their f8s too.
Being my first Boomerang I didn't realize how important it was to keep good records. I know better now. Lot better.
I am busy finishing up 3 and also makeing some of 4s. Just wanted you to know yours is coming. I haven't forgotten anyone and i wouldn't cheat anyone out of their blocks.
I have these left to send.
Goldendog
Jupiter
Knismith
Moonrise
Purplemen
Quiltingirl 80
Quiltingturtle
Quiltin
Shaysmema have both done and ready

I have learned one thing no more trying to fussy cut. I just messed up my second block by trying to do that. If anyone has any of goldendogs fabric to spare i could use some. I haven't asked her because i know she may need all she has left. I need a couple 4 in blocks. I tried to fussy cut and cut it 1/2 in to small then somehow i screwed up trying to fix it. I keep looking at my mess trying to figure out what can i do with it? No light bulb has gone off yet. :-(
:oops:
Thanks tealfalcon. who made your fabric? Moonrise what is the name of the block you sent to tealfalcon.
I have 3 elephant blocks and 2 rose blocks that doesn't have who sent them on them. These are the names i don't have marked that has been sent to me.
Cat 18, dawsontracy, fryguymoore, knismith, lets quilt, moonrise, norbamaquilts, oatw13,odessa quilts, purplemen, quiltinggirl 80, I know some of you have sent me their blocks so please help me if you know what your block looks like. The only 2 i am sure i haven't gotten is new2quilting and mbogenpohl. They will get them to me as soon as they can. No hurry. It will be awhile before i can get to making my quilts.