Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

NorBanaquilts 02-11-2010 07:33 AM

Wine Woman that is going to be one fabulous quilt!
I love the dog in your avatar, is it a Mastiff?

reneebobby 02-11-2010 07:36 AM

Very pretty

Wine Woman 02-11-2010 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Wine Woman that is going to be one fabulous quilt!
I love the dog in your avatar, is it a Mastiff?

This is Guinness (named after the beer). He is two years old and weighs 210! He is an English Mastiff and a big giant baby. Guinness has made it into the Wine Dog 2 book and it's a darling picture of him. He is more popular than the owners of the winery!! He is awesome! Great personality and has become one of my best friend! (and I don't like dogs!) he is the best!

I can hardly wait to put my quilt together. I think it is going to be one fabulous quilt-thanks to all of you! :thumbup:

ckcowl 02-11-2010 08:23 AM

winewoman, the name of your block is "FLOWER FRENZY"
block #31 ( by Cheryl Brown/ author of FRESH & FABULOUS QUILTS for Martingale & Co.) in "QUILTMAKER'S 100 BLOCKS collectors edition" magazine. i have picked most so far of the different blocks i've made from this magazine. the 100 blocks are all really great, all designed by different designers, and lots of fun!
i'm glad you liked...i really liked that one, in fact so far it is my fav...my dh though, he said cool maybe, but hurts the eyes :)

Wine Woman 02-11-2010 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
winewoman, the name of your block is "FLOWER FRENZY"
block #31 ( by Cheryl Brown/ author of FRESH & FABULOUS QUILTS for Martingale & Co.) in "QUILTMAKER'S 100 BLOCKS collectors edition" magazine. i have picked most so far of the different blocks i've made from this magazine. the 100 blocks are all really great, all designed by different designers, and lots of fun!
i'm glad you liked...i really liked that one, in fact so far it is my fav...my dh though, he said cool maybe, but hurts the eyes :)

Thank you! This is way too cute! Can you tell me when the magazine was published/printed?

NorBanaquilts 02-11-2010 08:38 AM

He's a very handsome dog, I've wanted a Mastiff forever.

BarbS 02-11-2010 10:06 AM

Your quilt is going to be stunning WineWoman......great choice of fabrics!!!
Love your Mastiff.....my son once tried to talk me into buying a Mastiff...his coloring is close to my little pugs and my son thought Toby needed a "Big Brother". LOL.

purplemem 02-11-2010 11:14 AM

WineWoman-
The block is called uneven nine patch.
Purplemem

LovingIzabella 02-11-2010 11:43 AM

Love the blocks and the mastiff!
I had gotten an english mastiff when I was told I could not have children as I had always wanted one. Well three weeks later I found out I was pregnant with my little one and I knew there was no way I could raise the baby and the baby mastiff so my brother took him and he is over 200 pounds. They truly are such a great breed. Someday I will have another one :-)
Hugs
April

Gigix12 02-11-2010 01:29 PM

Hello everyone..just wanted to list the blocks I mailed out today..after seeing everyones lovely blocks I feel a little inadequate but I'm having such a great time and lots of experience:

You lucky first mailees are: Anita Riddle, Buddy's Mom, ColletaKay, daylily4u.Lisa Scarberry, Loving Isabella, Norbana Quilts, PurpleMem and Sara Sewing.