Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

cjt_mama 01-09-2010 10:02 PM

Ok, minor dilemma. I was finishing up a block today and somehow (by the means of a really angry quilting god!) I ended up 12 inches square rather than 12.5... Blah!! What are peoples thoughts on this? Should I add the 3/4 in strips to square it up to 12.5 or....?????

kysmommy2 01-09-2010 11:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got two more today!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!! I really love both of these fabrics!! I LOVE checking the mail now!! and I am bummed that there won't be any mail tomorrow =(( lol!

You can keep my scraps!!! Please enjoy them!!

Bobbinwinder 01-10-2010 12:52 AM

Ladies, we should all stand, circle up, and SING! Purplemem's having a birthday today! Best wishes to you and here's hoping your day is super special...and give thanks that you can't hear all of us...I doubt I'm the only one that can't carry a tune in a bucket! lol

susiequilt 01-10-2010 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by cjt_mama
Ok, minor dilemma. I was finishing up a block today and somehow (by the means of a really angry quilting god!) I ended up 12 inches square rather than 12.5... Blah!! What are peoples thoughts on this? Should I add the 3/4 in strips to square it up to 12.5 or....?????

YES! There's no way to put a 12 inch block in with 12.5 inch blocks so if you don't fix it somehow the recipient will have to fix it. Do her a favor and make it 12.5! You have all the fabric in that block and she won't have any extra of yours or maybe not any of what she sent.
JMHO :-D

susiequilt 01-10-2010 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbinwinder
Ladies, we should all stand, circle up, and SING! Purplemem's having a birthday today! Best wishes to you and here's hoping your day is super special...and give thanks that you can't hear all of us...I doubt I'm the only one that can't carry a tune in a bucket! lol

I can't carry a tune either but Happy Birthday to you Purplemem! I hope you have many more.
:-D

purplemem 01-10-2010 06:13 AM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for my singing Birthday wishes! I am 52 today and so happy to be breathing and back to quilting. This is the best birthday ever! My dh took me fabric shopping yesterday and out to dinner. I will be posting my eye candy later on the forum, so everyone can see. I got beautiful neutrals for a "vanilla" quilt. So pretty and elegant.

This swap is everything I hoped it would be, community and quilting. Thank you for helping me to celebrate life.

BarbS 01-10-2010 06:33 AM

Happy Birthday Purplemem.....have a wonderful day!!

buddy'smom 01-10-2010 07:04 AM

Happy Birthday and soooooooo many more to come, have a great day.

blueribbontoes 01-10-2010 07:34 AM

Happy birthday to youuuuuuu! <-- me singing off key.

sewspecial 01-10-2010 08:06 AM

Happy Birthday from Sewspecial