Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

mistiliz 01-15-2010 08:06 PM

Received 3 more F8s from Mary Tomaszewski, Kim Dickson & Lee Musgjerd.

Came back from LQS! I need a therapist badly for my fabric addictions! Anyone knows of a good therapist? I certainly need one especially after my shopping today.

Going to sew now and PRAY for my LIFE! LOL

KBunn 01-15-2010 08:56 PM

Recieved one F8 today....Montanaquilter. Finally got a chance to do something so I got my first two cut and ready to sew tommorrow.

purplemem 01-16-2010 01:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I received 4 F8s today:
MadQuilter
NorBanaQuilts
granny216
susiequilt

and
I received TWO blocks from
Nancy in Louisiana

What an awesome day! Nancy I love, love these blocks
(My dh was so excited, he said, "You mean we get to KEEP these?!?")

I LOVE this very very fun swap!

Block TWO from Nancy in LA
[ATTACH=CONFIG]55979[/ATTACH]

Block 1 from Nancy in LA
[ATTACH=CONFIG]56972[/ATTACH]

granny216 01-16-2010 04:34 AM

Good morning Alice, Hubby still asleep so have the block done for your little one and I thought it turned out great. Did you want the scrap back or may I keep it to make a block for the back--or perhaps the front? Please, please keep me in for the next Boomerang. These really get my imagination working using tradional blocks plus. I also like to applique but then I would want to make different size blocks as when I opened some of the letters with fabric, an applique idea hit me but then I have to piece sections together and 9 by 11 doesn't do it unless I make 8 inch blocks and frame them and then it might really clash with sashing. Anyway, it was a thought. Had some time yesterday to go thru the stuff as husband napped just about all day.

LovingIzabella 01-16-2010 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by granny216
Good morning Alice, Hubby still asleep so have the block done for your little one and I thought it turned out great. Did you want the scrap back or may I keep it to make a block for the back--or perhaps the front? Please, please keep me in for the next Boomerang. These really get my imagination working using tradional blocks plus. I also like to applique but then I would want to make different size blocks as when I opened some of the letters with fabric, an applique idea hit me but then I have to piece sections together and 9 by 11 doesn't do it unless I make 8 inch blocks and frame them and then it might really clash with sashing. Anyway, it was a thought. Had some time yesterday to go thru the stuff as husband napped just about all day.

Morning Mary,
Oh I am sure Izzy will be thrilled! No you can keep the scraps and make yourself a block for the back of yours-I do not need the fabric back. And I am keeping a list of all of you who would like in on the next one :-)
I hope hubby is feeling alright-I continue to keep him and you in my thoughts.
I love all of the blocks being posted! Wow you ladies do such beautiful work-I am thrilled to be able to swap with you all.
Liz if you find that therapist please let me know-I need one too lol
Enjoy ladies and have a great day!
Hugs
April

Wine Woman 01-16-2010 06:58 AM

squishie update-- I've received moodykim, susiequilt, ckcowl, granny216, mosher92, and montanaquillter. It's so much fun to see the selection of fabric from each one of you. And how exciting for some who have some done already!! Sewing begins today after my BOM at the LQS. Wow if I could only escape for a couple of days with no interuptions-how wonderful that would be. Count me in for the next one also!

Wine Woman 01-16-2010 06:59 AM

Oh and I meant to say the excitment of seeing the finished blocks! You are doing such a wonderful job-lots of great things happening! :thumbup:

KBunn 01-16-2010 09:04 AM

Just in case I didnt mention it earlier....count me in for the next one. I really enjoy the chance to work with such a range of fabrics and blocks out on my norm! I really hope you all enjoy your blocks as much as I am enjoying making them.

purplemem 01-16-2010 10:06 AM

I got 2 more squishies today:
montanaquilter
ckcowl

Off to the sewing room! I have 3 blocks finished to mail, and looking forward to more today! Made homemade soup for lunch and supper, with cornbread. Nothing to do but sew, sew, SEW!

kysmommy2 01-16-2010 10:09 AM

=( I wish I could sew today...My son has 2...yes 2! birthday parties that are "must attends" today =( Sew a little for me, ladies! Maybe tonight I can get in the sewing room!! I LOVE making these blocks! I love stepping outside of my box!
This is THE BEST!

Originally Posted by purplemem
I got 2 more squishies today:
montanaquilter
ckcowl

Off to the sewing room! I have 3 blocks finished to mail, and looking forward to more today! Made homemade soup for lunch and supper, with cornbread. Nothing to do but sew, sew, SEW!