Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

KBunn 01-23-2010 07:47 PM

I got one F8 from Bobbin winder today....almost have them all now.

kysmommy2 01-23-2010 08:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I rec'd a F8 from Bobbinwinder today! And a wonderful block from Norbanaquilts...with extra goodies too! How kind of you!!!!!! The one peachy cat fabric with the really fat cats, I have NEVER seen anywhere before! I love it. Thank you SEW much!

buddy'smom 01-24-2010 08:30 AM

Received a great block from Anita, will post pic later and F4 from Vicki.

granny216 01-24-2010 09:01 AM

This is such a great way to play with fabric. I made a few blocks and all I could think of was...sure wish this for a quilt I am going to make. By the way, all of my fabrics are washed before I use them and if color runs I add a fixative until the water is clear. Still use those color grabbers when I wash a quilt. But then I don't think I have seen many patterns I don't like.

SaraSewing 01-24-2010 09:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow, four more blocks, and I haven't sent but one this week. Too many other deadlines to sew much. But here is a darling squirel from blueribbontoes. Don't worry, I have more fabric to make it big enough. And two from neoma! Wow. And the daylily4u block has hand applique. I couldn't be happier ladies!

daylily4u, blueribbontoes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67919[/ATTACH]

neoma
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67920[/ATTACH]

KBunn 01-24-2010 11:41 AM

oatw13 your block is on it's way home tommorrow...I really hope you like it. Your fabric was one of theose "challanges" for me...it is so far out of the norm of what I work with. I enjoyed the stretch ...that is part of what I am enjoying so much.

mosher92 01-24-2010 03:23 PM

hello all fellow boomerangers, I have blocks going out to lovingizabella,Madquilter, Norbanaquilts, oatw13, SaraSewing, OdessaQuilts, and buddy'smom. What fun this has been so far. I have mad some error along the way and have been able to make the best of them, I hope. Hope you all like what I have done so far.

Bobbinwinder 01-24-2010 04:00 PM

How exciting to see all the blocks that are being done! You ladies are certainly busy...I should definitely be ashamed of myself! It's been three days with no new fabrics...I'd gotten so used to having more prints to oooh and aaaaah over...the variety has been amazing as you all know. I've got a "Murphy's" to tell on myself...after stressing over the photo posting issue, composing the note to all of you to include with my fabric to make sure that everyone's work could be seen if they wanted it posted, and giving up all hope of ever being able to share photos of any kind on the board....yep, you guessed it...I finally did it...there's actually a post of one of my quilt tops in the Pictures section of the Board! Wahoooooo! I'm so in shock that it actually worked that I couldn't even do the happy dance... You have no idea how many times on how many different days and nights or how many different ways I thought I had tried...and now, I don't have any idea what I did that actually worked...LOL...but maybe, I'll get lucky again! It has to be luck, 'cause I surely don't know what I'm doing! Hope you all have a great week...happy stitchin' to ya!

buddy'smom 01-24-2010 04:42 PM

Completed blocks going home tomorrow to,
Kim B.
Linda M
Sandy P.

I have 8 more blocks to complete in this swap, think I still need F8's from 5- more ladies, this has been loads of fun.

KBunn 01-24-2010 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
Completed blocks going home tomorrow to,
Kim B.
Linda M
Sandy P.

Yeah I cant wait to see it....it's like CHristmas everyday when I get the mail. I have one going home tommorrow. I hoped to have more going out after the weekend but this cold snowy weather has left me feeling pretty sore and unmotivated. More to come soon...I promise.