Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

reneebobby 01-28-2010 08:52 AM

Cool now off shopping.

BarbS 01-28-2010 09:06 AM

I think thats a great idea....the more the merrier and if the deadline is extended......we just have fun with our mailboxes for that much longer!! I'm in!!!

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
April, I think we should let everyone in that wants to be included. If you need help just holler!

Oh Donna you feel the same way I do-the more the merrier! And my thought was if we had more we could extend the deadline. Instead of three months give it four or a little more depending on how many we get to join....let's see what happens!
Hugs
April

KBunn 01-28-2010 09:06 AM

I am truly enjoying the swap....I would not mind at all if you opened the next one up to more people as long as you include me in it!!!

LovingIzabella 01-28-2010 09:22 AM

Of course I would include you K! Everyone in this swap would have first dibs on the next-I think that is the fair way to handle it :-)
Hugs
April

BarbS 01-28-2010 09:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More beautiful blocks have come home......thank you all so much ladies.....your choices of coordinating fabric and your workmanship is soooo much appreciated.

NancyinLouisiana
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47291[/ATTACH]

Mistiliz...beautiful basket
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47292[/ATTACH]

purplemem
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47293[/ATTACH]

susiequilt 01-28-2010 09:49 AM

I haven't made the first block yet so I'd like to ask if you people feel the fat 8th is enough fabric for next time?
There was talk of making it a fat 4 when we first started and that was cut down to a fat 8th.
I've only read one post that BRT didn't have enough fabric due to paper piecing.

I hope to start making mine next week. I figure if I only make 4 a week I'll still easily meet the deadline.

BarbS 01-28-2010 09:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
......and a couple more..:)

Rec'd F8 from Jan10, montanaquilter, MoodyKim......and I haven't even gotten today's mail yet!!!

colletakay
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45995[/ATTACH]

granny216
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46057[/ATTACH]

cjt_mama 01-28-2010 09:53 AM

I am good for as many as we can get :) I already have fab picked out for 2.0! (nice name brt lol) So I am obviously game for another boomerang!

BarbS 01-28-2010 09:56 AM

I have been fine working with a F8.........although I had looked at a making a couple of blocks then had to change after realizing that there wouldn't have been enough fabric. Probably more reasonable to leave it with a F8 though to keep costs down.....F4 would just add to initial cost as well as mailing costs....just my opinion but it might deter someone who was interested in participating.

Originally Posted by susiequilt
I haven't made the first block yet so I'd like to ask if you people feel the fat 8th is enough fabric for next time?
There was talk of making it a fat 4 when we first started and that was cut down to a fat 8th.
I've only read one post that BRT didn't have enough fabric due to paper piecing.

I hope to start making mine next week. I figure if I only make 4 a week I'll still easily meet the deadline.

purplemem 01-28-2010 09:59 AM

I could go either way, F8 or F4. As you can tell, I'm not so great at cutting - so F4 would be easier for me. :oops: