Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

mgrhs 01-11-2010 05:08 PM

I received 8 today....I mailed one finished block out today also

mistiliz 01-11-2010 05:26 PM

I too hit the Jackpot! Received today from:
Mona Grimm
Barbara Day
Odessa Quilts
Lisa Scarberry
Colletta Miller
Andee Roll
April Burke - Do you want just black & white OR can we use bright colors?
Cindy Helbig
Barbara Spurr
Kimberly Whispell

I've already started on the first block received the other day. My mind is going WILD now on which block to use on what fabric! eeekkkk!

BarbS 01-11-2010 05:45 PM

[quote=NorBanaquilts]I received a bunch of F8's today and I have some questions.

Barb S do you have any ideas on colors/ a look you are going for???

I have no plan....LOL......not going for any particular look.....just excited to see what everyone will come up with!!

LovingIzabella 01-11-2010 06:36 PM

LOL Mad-Overachievers-I like that :-)

KBunn-No fears we all work at our own pace in our own time-it isn't a race to the finish line it is a journey to be enjoyed :-)
I too am letting the fabric speak to me-work with my inner quilter to make a block come to life and be!

I have been numbering them as they come in and with the exception of the people from Canada am doing them in order.

Kys-I am so glad you enjoy the spreadsheet and that it is helping you :-)
If anyone can think of a way that I can make it better for the next go round please let me know your thoughts and ideas.
My mail comes before I get home from work so it's not really torture waiting for the mail the torture for me is waiting for the day to pass so I can get home and check it lol!

Wow Susie 11 in one day-I think your mail person was hoarding them and petting them lol
And nope not a week-which makes this swap fun. you can let your creativity flow as it needs to-you have the time for that :-)

Awww Nancy-thank you so much. Izabella is so excited to see her blocks. When I get the squishes she asks me mom can I open that one is it for me? lol she is just too cute.

Liz-you received one of my daughter's F8s so please feel free to add any bright or any color you would like to :-) She is so excited and loves color so be as creative as you wish :-)

I hit the motherload today and got 8 super squishies.
I received from:
Barb S
Lisa
Andee
Lori
colleen
Cindy
MJ
Anite

I was unable to mail my completed blocks as planned as the auditors would not leave me be :-( Will definetly mail them tomorrow.

This is already turing out to be a fabulously fun swap. Thank you all for joining me on the journey!

Hugs
April

kysmommy2 01-11-2010 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got ten today!!!!!!!!!! yippee!! IT WAS WONDERFUL!!
OK, so here is a list of everyone's I've received so far:
anitariddle
BarbS
barbsbus
blueribbontoes
buddy'smom
ckcowl
collettakay
Gigix12
mghrs
NorBanaquilts
oatw13
Odessaquilts
purplemem
Here is a pic of my stack of mail!!

LovingIzabella 01-11-2010 07:29 PM

Love the look of that pile-so much better than bills looking like that!
Hugs
April

MoodyKim 01-11-2010 07:49 PM

WOW, you all are fast! I got 7 more squishies today. That makes 14 so far. I will make and return them in the order I receive them. Todays where from
OdessaQuilts
Gigix12
BarbS
collettakay
daylily4u
buddy'smom
lovingizabelle

This is so much fun!
Thank you April :thumbup:

KBunn 01-11-2010 08:29 PM

I got 10 today....that makes 12...well 13 if you include my own. This is so much fun!

cjt_mama 01-11-2010 08:56 PM

I got 12 today! Its fun.. I have 2 blocks complete, hoping to get them mailed tommorow when I mail out my fabric :)

kysmommy2 01-11-2010 09:11 PM

ok...so I am making my first block to send back and I have to say...I was paranoid about cutting the fat 8!! LOL...I kept thinking...I better not mess up--there won't be enough to make up for my mistake!!...what if my ruler slips and I mess up the cut? What if my seam allowances are off....GEESH! I had to tell myself...Lisa, we're QUILTERS! Just cut the fabric and go! LOL!!