Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

kysmommy2 01-11-2010 12:30 PM

YES!!! it really is! lol.

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes

Originally Posted by kysmommy2
I have one of the latest mail times =(((

Me too! It is torture when you're waiting for goodies, isn't it? lol!!

buddy'smom 01-11-2010 12:31 PM

YES!!! it really is! lol.

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes

I have one of the latest mail times =(((

Me too! It is torture when you're waiting for goodies, isn't it? lol!!

Oh, I don't know if I could wait till 4:30, it would kill me!! I'm working on my blocks, can't do to much without water.

kysmommy2 01-11-2010 12:33 PM

Yes, I am so sorry to hear that! We recently had a fiasco with frozen pipes. I hope you have none or very minimal damage.
Regarding time...I am in Nevada...so it's 4:30 my time at 7:30pm EST time! GRR

KBunn 01-11-2010 12:51 PM

I havent chosen a specific block....just letting the material decide I guess you could say! That is part of what I like so much about this swap...the chance to just let your imagination go craazy!!

Ninnie 01-11-2010 01:04 PM

I got a bunch more in the mail today! :shock: :shock:
I have found a plastic folder, baggie thingy to put them in, and will do them as I pull them out, I think that is the safest way not to get messed up :lol: :lol: :lol: When you see them coming in, you suddenly realize just how many 36 really is. I can't wait to get started, hopefully tomorrow!!!

NorBanaquilts 01-11-2010 01:04 PM

So far I have picked out a different block for everyone, but at some point there may be a duplicate or two or three.

susiequilt 01-11-2010 01:18 PM

11! :-D Just today! :-D Do I get the prize for most in one day?

:-D Including one from BS in Canada!

Quite overwhelming! But fun! Glad they don't have to be done in a week!

I just got back from the post office so my fabric is off and running toyou all!

I don't expect to be able to do a different block for everyone but I'm going to try as many different ones as I can. I'm going to let the fabric "talk" to me.
:-D

purplemem 01-11-2010 01:18 PM

I have received 9 already! Including 1 Canadian! I am just amazed the mail went so fast. I mailed the Canadians today for me and AnitaRiddle, I didn't have to fill out any forms and it was just 75 cents for each...I was happily surprised.

I have received:
AnitaRiddle odessaquilts
BarbS SaraSewing
purplemem (of course)
colletakay blueribbontoes
daylily4u
oatw113
I am making mine in the order in which I receive, I number the envelopes also. I am making as many blocks differently as I can, but some just call out for my favorite blocks...Happy Sewing!

BarbS 01-11-2010 01:37 PM

It's exciting just to hear that some of my packages have gotten to their destinations.....WOOHOO!!

Nancy in Louisiana 01-11-2010 01:41 PM

I got five blocks last week, mailed three completed back, then got 11 today. I will try to mail them back in same order except, of course, the Canadians and little Izzy's. I thought I'd try to make them all different but...we'll see. With so many to deal with, I need to try to allot my time somewhat evenly and not get too overboard on each one. We don't want to burn out -- especially if we consider doing another boom swap after this one. I mailed my fabric this am as well. Postage seemed to depend not only on weight, but also on whether the postlady could slide the envelope through a slot on some cardboard form. So I guess we need to squeeze as much air as possible out of the envelopes to keep the prices down.