Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

susiequilt 03-01-2010 03:12 PM

I received blocks from Jan10 and cjt mama today and they are lovely. Thank you both so much!

KBunn 03-01-2010 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gigix12
Greetings...just got back from the P.O. and all my blocks are finished and in the mail. I just want to say I have gained so much experience doing this swap. I am now a phlebotomist, I know how to draw blood; I am a surgeon's assistant, I can remove stitches with charm and dignity (no cursing); I am a designer, putting colors together and placing them in a pleasing manner; I am also an architect,
I can rebuuild Haiti one block at a time; and last but not lease, I'm gaining new friends and quilting skills I didn't have before. Thanks to one and all.

Gigix12

I love that....I agree I have gained so many new experiences with this swap. Thanks you all for your patience as I learned on you!! I still have half my blocks to go but I have already learned so much!

kysmommy2 03-01-2010 04:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure if I ever posted the pic of my block from April....so in case I didn't...here it is.
I also received my block from sarasewing and I don't think I had a pic at that time to post....and today I received a block from cjt! Here's it too. Thank you ladies SOOOOOO much! I just love this swap!!

April's
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26143[/ATTACH]

sewingsara's
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26144[/ATTACH]

cjt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26145[/ATTACH]

LovingIzabella 03-01-2010 06:51 PM

I received, actually Izabella received three beautiful blocks today. One from Shanna and two from Susan! Thank you ladies she was thrilled! The applique blocks Susan are just precious! The butterflies are so befitting for Izabella as she has had 2 land on her since birth-which they say is a sign of good luck. The other one with the birds is also fitting as her dad and I call her Birdie as she has reminded us of a baby bird since birth!
Thank you ladies the blocks are beautiful and Izabella loved them! She is eager to sew her blocks together but I told her we had to wait for the rest to come in lol
I will post pictures tomorrow night as my camera batteries are charging
Thank you again ladies!
Hugs
April

MadQuilter 03-01-2010 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Gigix12
I just want to say I have gained so much experience doing this swap. I am now a phlebotomist, I know how to draw blood;

WOW, you may want to change your sewing method if you are drawing blood. hehehe

reneebobby 03-02-2010 04:11 AM

Cute kitties

Wine Woman 03-02-2010 07:13 AM

I just got back from the Sew Expo (Puyallup, WA) and came back with some fun things! I was able to meet Kaye Wood, Eleanor Burns and glean lots of good tips for quilting but now to practice! But most important I was able to meet mistiliz from our swap. Hand delivered her block and I received mine! It is so pretty! It was so nice to meet her and spend some time together. I was also able to see Dunster again and meet ladygen. Thank you all for making my trip so much fun and exciting. Hope to meet again!

Thank you to cjt_mama I received your fabric Sat. Now I'm returning to my blocks. No more playing for me for a while. Finished three yesterday and hoping to finish more today.

OdessaQuilts 03-02-2010 11:23 AM

Okay, ladies, sending blocks today to: Misty C., Anita R., Lee M., and Mary T. I hope you all like them. I have several more in various stages of prep (fabrics selected, pattern selected, looking for additional fabrics to put with them, blocks cut and waiting to sew). I hope to get much more done this weekend!

Odessa

p.s. April, thanks for letting me play in this sandbox. It's really been fun. Hugs and a big warm hello to Izabella!

montanaquilter 03-02-2010 12:25 PM

Odessa-can't wait to get your block! i should be able to get a few more done this week and weekend, have no other plans!!

Gigix12 03-02-2010 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Received a lovely block today from MGRHS. Thank you so much. I agree with your color selection, the brown with the green looks great. However, for some reason it doesn't show up in my picture.

Thanks

Gigix12

Brown and green block from MGRHS
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27246[/ATTACH]