Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

Nancy in Louisiana 01-27-2010 08:23 PM

I sent out a bunch of finished blocks today: neoma, montanaquilter, mistiliz, moodykim, susiequilt, mgrhs, granny216, kbunn, ckcowl, sewspecial, mosher92. Some of the new patterns I tried did not come out to the full 12 1/2", so for those I ended up making a second block and sending them both. I will always be amazed at all the different widths that fall under "1/4" seam". Some patterns want true 1/4, some require a scant. So much for the 1/4" foot for my machine... I haven't been able to use it once yet.

buddy'smom 01-27-2010 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
Ok, I did it. I went to the doctor. Turns out I have a nasty sinus infections & if I had only gone 3 days ago, I wouldn't still be in pain today *sighs*. Gawd please let this pain be gone soon!!!!!!! I have been completely useless for over a week! Whaaaa, whaaaaa!

The good news is, I have an antibiotic and soon I will be good as new!

I will have to work some long evenings to catch up on all my customer quilts, which means I'll also be work'n on boomerang blocks! I can't wait until the pain is gone & I can get back to work!

WEll Roseanne, I sure hope your feeling better soon.
Complete blocks going home today to Darlene C. & Andee, enjoy ladies.

reneebobby 01-28-2010 03:56 AM

Okay if this one runs again someone come slap me upside the head and make sure I join in. THis one looks like it is alot of fun and all the blocks are stunning.

NorBanaquilts 01-28-2010 03:58 AM

Renee, we are going to do again when this one is over in April. It's been a blast!

reneebobby 01-28-2010 04:00 AM

SWEET now just make sure I sign up if not SIGN ME UP. hahahaa

montanaquilter 01-28-2010 05:43 AM

It has been fun trying new blocks and trying to match up material--what a blast it has been!! This has been one of the best swaps i've done--can't wait to get the friendship quilt put together!!!

LovingIzabella 01-28-2010 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts

p.s. Izzy, do you have a favorite block pattern?

Hiya Odessa
So glad to see you.! Izzy does nto really have a favorite pattern as of yet. She loves getting mail and seeing all the pretty fabrics and I love to hear-Mommy I just love this beautiful block!
You can make whatever makes you happy because I know it will make her happy :-)
Thank you so very much!
hugs
April

LovingIzabella 01-28-2010 07:46 AM

I am so happy to hear everyone say they are enjoying this swap-makes me so thrilled I was able to do it :-) I was originally going to let as many people sign up as wanted but the thought was that might have become too overwhelming for people. Does everyone think 36 is a good number?
Hugs
April

purplemem 01-28-2010 07:56 AM

I think it is a very good number. Enough for a whole quilt, or to embellish several tops. And not so many that we feel like we'll never get them all done. I have loved this swap, do NOT have another one without me!

BarbS 01-28-2010 07:59 AM

I think it has been great April. I guess the other way it could be done also....just so everyone that wants to participate can....is to let everyone sign up that wants to and then divide it into manageable groups......but then again that is much more work for you. I have enjoyed this so much....been a ton of work.....but tons of fun seeing everyone's blocks and fabrics!!