Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

Wine Woman 01-31-2010 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Sorry you lost your FIL, wine woman and happy that you get to share the joy of quilting with MIL. Not sure why you are apologizing. You do realize that the deadline is still a looooong time off, so no worries. Take care of what you need to take care of.

Thank you MadQuilter-I'm trying to keep on schedule. Lots of events are scheduled for us so I don't want to be sewing till Midnight on March 31!! :D It will all work out!

Wine Woman 01-31-2010 10:32 PM

Mosher92, Jan10, Nancy in Louisana thank you all for your kind words. The swap is young and I'm learning to relax! :-o

mosher92 02-01-2010 02:36 AM

boomerangs returning to daylily4u, janecat and sewspecial. Lookout for them and enjoy.

ckcowl 02-01-2010 06:18 AM

just to let you know there are (2) people i have not received fabric from yet for the boomerang swap...and they are:
cjt_mama
and
the quilted dove...
if you have sent please let me know...but as of 2/1/10 these two fabrics are mia...
all others have been received,, and blocks are starting to arrive...each one WONDERFUL!!! even my dh has oohed and awdddd over a couple blocks :)

LovingIzabella 02-01-2010 07:59 AM

Okay Ladies
I am so sorry I have been away for a few days. Life has kind of happened between my IH acting up, my teeth needing attention and my daughter not feeling well it was a bit crazy that last couple of days.
I love seeing all of the blocks that have come in to everyone! I think they are all beautiful! I am so thrilled with this swap.
MJ I am glad you liked your block and I am loving your new organized space. It has taken me 4 weeks to do mine and it still looks as bad as when I started :-(
WWoman I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your FIL. Please know your family is in my thoughts and prayers and if there is anything i can do all you have to do is ask. It is nice that your MIL can gain a little comfort in doing this with you.
I have all F8s except for Cjt's (no rush though we have plenty of time :-) )
I also have completed blocks going home today to Anita and Colleen-hope you ladies enjoy them.
And lastly I would like to say to everyone who has thanked me for this swap-I appreciate your kind words but in all honesty it would not have been possible without all of YOU! So thank you for allowing me this opportunity to not only challenge myself but to make new friends :-)
Hugs
April

oatw13 02-01-2010 10:44 AM

Purplemem - love the new sewing room! You are an inspiration :)

Winewoman I am sorry for your loss. I hope your mother-in-law can find peace while helping you. If she wants some fabric to make her own blocks, I will gladly send another piece. My mom has been helping me with blocks and patterns and such. It's nice to have the help.

I received fabric from Roseanne T on Saturday.

According to my list, I am now only missing F8's from cjt_mama. Take your time. But if you've already sent it, let me know so I can track it down.

I will have another completed block heading out to Kimberly W today. I think I am about halfway through!

:)

dettonlisas 02-01-2010 11:04 AM

WOW!! That is such a HUGE difference!! You have inspired me to organize!! :D

Originally Posted by purplemem
And now after hours of rearranging, folding and rolling fqs
I have a much better room. I have lots more to do, and my quilt backs are just stacked on the top shelf all willy-nilly

LovingIzabella 02-01-2010 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by oatw13
Does anyone here have a link to an easy paper-piecing tutorial or can you recommend an easy paper piecing starter block? Some of those are amazing! I want to learn!

Colleen,
I will send you an email. I meant to post that in my last post but I forgot :-)
Hugs
April

purplemem 02-01-2010 11:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for all the compliments, it sure has made the sewing go better. I found another useful storage item:

This is a wire coated Pot Lid holder from Wmt. About $6, just perfect for holding my acrylic templates. I have one in multiple blocks sizes for squaring blocks. I had them made at Lowe's by purchasing one sheet of plexiglass for $10. I have them in 5, 7, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15 inches square. Lowe's will make as many cuts as you wish for free. Any glass cutting place will do also.

My lid holder as template holder
[ATTACH=CONFIG]44106[/ATTACH]

NorBanaquilts 02-01-2010 12:15 PM

Mary Jane you really need to hire yourself out as an organizer, I'll even let you practice on my room. lol