Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

mosher92 01-26-2010 03:10 AM

F8 today from Constance Mullinix and Linda Mosbacker

thequilteddove 01-26-2010 03:44 AM

Gawd, I hate being so behind! I've just been VERY sick ever since I came back from vacation *pouts*. I have little spurts where I think I feel better & then whammo, I'm back down for the count.

I strained over the fabric selection because I wanted to stick to what was in my stash (That's my goal for 2010 - use the stash so I can buy more!) Then I had to wash, dry & press because I don't normally do that. Blah, blah, blah!

I will get out my F8 this week; I promise!!!! I just have to print labels & stuff baggies & envelopes! Oh and get stamps *giggles* At the rate I'm go'n,30 mins up & about; 3 hrs sleeping, I should be able to accomplish it by Saturday lolol Man, doesn't this flu know I wanna sew!!!!!

I sure hope what ever has got hold of me clears up! My body aches, I have horrid sinus headaches and I want my mommy! whaaaaaaaa

purplemem 01-26-2010 03:48 AM

Roseanne,
I'm sorry you're so icky. Don't worry about when you send the blocks, this swap lasts until April. Take all the rest you need. If you do too much, you set yourself up for a relapse.

Here's some lemon garlic chicken soup to help you feel better.
And a hug.

thequilteddove 01-26-2010 04:28 AM

Oo lemon garlic chicken soup! Just what the doctor ordered! Thanks!

purplemem 01-26-2010 04:34 AM

Want my secret recipe? Seriously, it's very easy and oh, so satisfying.

susiequilt 01-26-2010 04:40 AM

I do! It sounds great.

purplemem 01-26-2010 04:47 AM

Start with one tablespoon of minced garlic, saute in 2 T butter.
Add RiceARoni chicken rice mix
Use canned chicken broth in place of water, but also add 4 cups water.
Add 1/3 cup lemon juice
Add 3-4 chicken tenders or 1 can chicken breast
Bring to boil, then simmer for 30-45 minutes
Take chicken out of soup, dice or shred and re-insert
Add 1/4 tsp black pepper, or season to taste

LovingIzabella 01-26-2010 05:36 AM

Cjt
Do not stress-this is supposed to be fun and the new baby is by far more important :-) We just like to see you and say hi and make sure all is well with you and baby.
Roseanne so sorry to hear you are not feeling well at all :-( It stinks to feel so yucky-hoping you feel better real soon-try some of purplemem's soup it looks delicious!
MJ-How are you doing?
Hugs
April

blueribbontoes 01-26-2010 05:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the beautiful blocks I received yesterday! 5 mini blocks and one fantastic 12" block from Nancy in Louisiana! I am so lucky to receive such a bounty! Thank you so much Nancy for your extra work on the mini blocks, I really appreciate it! I also adore the green you added. :mrgreen:

blueribbontoes 01-26-2010 05:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And since I had the camera out, i thought I would take a picture of all the blocks. My previous attempts with the camera phone didn't do all the gorgeous blocks I have gotten justice!

6 big blocks, and 6 mini blocks from the Boomerang swap, plus the star block I made.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53118[/ATTACH]