Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

BarbS 01-02-2010 09:37 PM

This is so much fun.......my fabrics are already to go.....labels made up for my ziploc baggies....and a block picked out that I may use for some swaps.............going to do a practice run on that tomorrow I hope. Come on #36!!
Are we all supposed to post pictures of the fabrics that we are sending??

Ninnie 01-03-2010 04:36 AM

April, that tree is wonderful!!!
Wow, all those beautiful colors so much to work with!

granny216 01-03-2010 04:53 AM

Wow, can I join or is this full already? Never saw this posting before. Oh well, maybe next time.

susiequilt 01-03-2010 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by granny216
Wow, can I join or is this full already? Never saw this posting before. Oh well, maybe next time.

According to the first page list (the second list on the page) there is still one spot open.
PM the hostess with your info to secure the spot.
:-D

sandpat 01-03-2010 06:26 AM

That tree panel and then the fairy are toooo cute! They will look sooo great when made up!

Sewing....I love your outdoor theme.

Nancy in Louisiana 01-03-2010 09:27 AM

[quote=SaraSewing] Connecting Threads has a fantastic sale. So, of course I bought at least $50 to get shipping free.
-------------------------

Spending $50 at Connecting Threads has never been a problem for me. I've had very good service and product from them -- good fabric, great thread, the usual notions, and good prices on books (especially those you can't get on Amazon). By the time you figure in free shipping, it's not worth getting out the car keys (which would require getting up from the computer/sewing machine and brushing teeth, hair, getting dressed, etc.)

Nancy in Louisiana 01-03-2010 09:30 AM

April - are you making those panel quilts with a purpose in mind or are you like me -- making them because they are cute and because they were there. I love them both.

SaraSewing 01-03-2010 09:35 AM

[quote=Nancy in Louisiana]

Originally Posted by SaraSewing
Connecting Threads has a fantastic sale. So, of course I bought at least $50 to get shipping free.
-------------------------

Spending $50 at Connecting Threads has never been a problem for me. I've had very good service and product from them -- good fabric, great thread, the usual notions, and good prices on books (especially those you can't get on Amazon). By the time you figure in free shipping, it's not worth getting out the car keys (which would require getting up from the computer/sewing machine and brushing teeth, hair, getting dressed, etc.)

THAT is the problem! It wasn't hard!

buddy'smom 01-03-2010 11:03 AM

I may use three different fabric's and make three quilt tops, I have a few setting that will turn them into nice size tops and hey if we do this every three months, that's alot of quilts?? You could make one for everyone on your Christmas list this year?

MadQuilter 01-03-2010 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by cjt_mama
hmmm, now I have to pick some fabric.. I am torn between some scrappy batiks I have saved up and a green paisley/floral I have a bunch of.. Decisions decisions!

You could do both, or even add a third fabric for 12 blocks each. That's a nice start to a quilt, IMHO.

Funny, one of mine is a green/gold paisley as well.