Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

NorBanaquilts 01-02-2010 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Would sending a block of this (each block is appox 7" x 7"), and a F8 be okay, would I be breaking any rules???

Would you want it cut up, or a border added to the square?

It would be sewers choice, leave whole or ??????

sandpat 01-02-2010 04:14 PM

I'm just lurking around waiting for you all to post the fabrics that you are sending out. Norbana....that is sooo pretty...I don't know if I could cut it! :lol:

anitariddle 01-02-2010 04:16 PM

I want to join. This is my first swap and first time on the board thanks to my friend purplemem!

NorBanaquilts 01-02-2010 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I'm just lurking around waiting for you all to post the fabrics that you are sending out. Norbana....that is sooo pretty...I don't know if I could cut it! :lol:

I was thinking that too, I really wouldn't want them cut up and to take up 7" square out of a 12" square seemed a little stifling to the sewer so I found another piece of fabric in my stash to use. I post a pic of that one soon, it's in the washer now.

LovingIzabella 01-02-2010 04:29 PM

Welcome Anita-happy to have you join us and thanks MJ for sending her in our direction!
Donna if you want to send me the flower I do not mind making you a block, I am sure I could design something to go around the 7" square for you :-)
I am going to post a picture of mine soon.
Hugs
April

sandpat 01-02-2010 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by anitariddle
I want to join. This is my first swap and first time on the board thanks to my friend purplemem!

Welcome to the board! MJ is a real sweetie. You will enjoy this swap, I'm sure. I'm gonna have to lurk this time, but I can't wait to see all the cool blocks being made. This is a fantastic swap idea!

LovingIzabella 01-02-2010 04:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sandpat
This is a fantastic swap idea!

Thanks sandpat-wish you would have joined us :-) Perhaps next time.
Okay here are my two pictures. I am going to send half of my F8s to half the group and the other half to the other half of the group. The tree is a panel I am going to put in the middle. The white fabric with the circles is what i am sending out to be used as my background fabric. The other panel is also going to be in the middle and the orange fabric to the right will go out as my background fabric. They match really nice in person-the lighting is a bit off here in my house lol
Hugs
April

tree
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62809[/ATTACH]

fally
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62810[/ATTACH]

MadQuilter 01-02-2010 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Donna,
I don't see why you can't send the block and an F8. I would have no objection.
Hugs
April

With a preprinted block, we would need permission to change it. The block is already 7X7 - there isn't much left to add as is. Why the F8? I'd say either.

Ninnie 01-02-2010 05:12 PM

You would almost have to cut it up, or just sew plain borders on it, and it's too pretty for that

NorBanaquilts 01-02-2010 05:23 PM

April, That tree is great! I love the bright colors with the black and white. I can think of wonderful blocks to make for that. (hint, hint)