Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ELECTRA Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-10-0-electra-group-t225485.html)

Abby's Mom 07-10-2013 12:16 PM

Hi Everyone - looking forward to a great swap. All f8's will be in the mail tomorrow! Let the fun begin!

omacookie 07-10-2013 12:35 PM

Do you make a 12 I/2 in block for everyone in the swap??? Thanks, Omacookie

jaba 07-10-2013 03:49 PM

Yes omacookie you do. All of the specifics are in the rules that April has set. When you get each person's fabric you make them a block, be sure to measure so it's a 12 1/2"sq. Then when you are done with it mail it back. Mailed all of my fabric out today to each one of you. I did include a note in each one, it is red and white and I would like you to use only solid white 100% cotton.

mollymunchkin 07-10-2013 04:41 PM

Arizonakat, anything is fine with me. If for some bizarre reason I don't have the right fabric in my stash, I will force myself to go shopping ;)

roseirish48 07-10-2013 07:13 PM

hello fellow swappers. I am sending out pink f8s next week and ask you to only ise white or other pink fabrics in making the blocks. the returned blocks are going into a quilt to be donated to Quilt for Cure auction as symbol of my support to all those fellow quilters who have or are presently fighting that lonely battle.

ArizonaKAT 07-11-2013 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 6170848)
hello fellow swappers. I am sending out pink f8s next week and ask you to only ise white or other pink fabrics in making the blocks. the returned blocks are going into a quilt to be donated to Quilt for Cure auction as symbol of my support to all those fellow quilters who have or are presently fighting that lonely battle.

I actually found two different pinks on sale last week and bought them. I wasn't sure why. I'm not a pink person. Now I know why.

Addressed all my envelopes last night. Had exactly enough! I will need to make a few Christmas ones myself. The material was cut from Fats and we all know that one Fat does not equal 2 F8s. I accommodated all that requested certain holidays but if you didn't pm me before last night, your material is going to be a surprise . . . to you and me :-)

ljdugas31 07-11-2013 09:08 AM

hi everyone!! Sent out my fabric today so let the fun begin!!

createfourpaws 07-11-2013 04:06 PM

I have been crazy at work, haven't had time to address the envelopes when I get home from work in the evenings. Work 12 hours 4 days a week keeps me busy and I am on the phone all day, need to bring them to work with me tomorrow and address between talking on the phone with my oxygen patients. I will have them mailed out this weekend, Monday at the latest.

Gaijin 07-11-2013 04:48 PM

Last three in the mail today! Nice to swap with you all! I found a lovely Hoffman Christmas fabric for my fabric, hope you like it!

Gaijin

alikat110 07-11-2013 06:21 PM

Want to ask everyone a question.

When I washed and cut my f4's into f8's, they are a little short on measurement. Can I send a healthy cut of a coordinated fabric to be included in the block?